38. Baby

Draco's POV

Harry had dragged me all the way to the common room when I had noticed the absence of my beautiful Mia. "HARRY!" He skidded and whipped around. "WHERE IS HERMIONE?!" I shouted.

"She's with Mcgonnagall. We'll see her soon. Please Draco. Ginny needs us." He pleaded, tears glistening.

"But Mia..?!" I replied in a strangled tone. My head told me she was safe with her but my veela was screaming and itching to get back to her. I took a deep breath, pinched the bridge of my nose and followed a panicked Harry into the dorm.

What we found was not expected.

Ginny's POV

Emptiness. That's all I felt. To lose your child... it's a feeling of no other. Sure, I hadn't got to the stage where I could feel her kick, or rub my tummy to soothe her. She probably never even had a chance to recognise my voice. A tear escaped my eye. I didn't bother to wipe it away.

I could have had a daughter.

"Ginny... Come take a seat on the sofa. I'm sure Harry will be here soon. Gin. Ginny?" Astoria cooed, taking my hand.

I glanced up, eyes and heart empty of life. I let her take me to the sofa to await Harry. Harry... oh how devastated he would be! His first chance at a real family and I ruined it. I looked to my left and saw him enter with a worried expression. He ran over and took my hands in his, his eyes softening and questioning.

"I came as soon as I could. What's happened? What's wrong?... Gin?" I flicked my gaze downward in shame.

"It's the baby... she's gone." Asti whispered. Harry gasped and tears glinted in his eyes. "She had a miscarriage?" Asti nodded.

He took my hand and pulled me to Hermione's bedroom. I collapsed on the floor before we got to her bed. "GINNY?!" Harry exclaimed. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

"Harry I'm so sorry that I failed you! I ruined your first chance at a family. I'm so so s-sorry." I whispered.

"Ginny, no!" Tears glistened in his eyes. "You are my family. You have been for a long time now. You are going to be my wife and we will try again and have a new baby. They will be perfect. I love you more than anything in the world. Please baby, it will be okay."

And then I cried. I cried for Hermione, and for Draco. I cried for my lost baby. I cried for Harry and his family, and I cried for myself. I had never experienced such heart ache before.

In the next room, Blaise and Astoria were also crying due to the terrible news of their best friend and sister.