5. Head boy

Hermione's POV

I was sat in the car, on the way to Kings Cross and was thinking back over my summer. I had met a lot of my old muggle friends and spent time with them (they all loved my new hair and clothes) and I owled Harry and my birth mum a lot. Andrea and I had gotten very close, we trusted each other quite a lot now, and I told her I would come and see her one weekend whilst at Hogwarts with Blaise. Harry was having a brilliant time at the Weasleys, and his and Ginny's relationship was flourishing into something amazing. Both of them were thrilled to pieces and deeply in love.

Ron had owled me once. I sniffed and blinked tears away as I remembered what he'd written...

'Dear Hermione,
I hope you're having a good holiday away from us. Harry and Ginny miss you. I've been thinking, I think we should see other people.

Back to friends, yeah?

Ron'

There had been no 'hey hermione, how are you coping after the war?' No 'I can't wait to see you' not even an 'I miss you' because he obviously didn't care for me at all! I could sense the blunt hurt in his writing when saying I was away from them... It wasn't my fault that I missed my parents because their memories were wiped? I had immediately reversed the charm after the war of course, but I couldn't bloody well leave them after! He was being pathetic and I said so when I wrote back. But it didn't stop the heart break.

I was brought back to reality as we stopped just outside the station. I walked in with my parents knowing my trunk was heavy and I ran to meet Harry, forgetting all about Ron being there and focussing on my best friend and Ginny- my sister for all intents and purposes. I launched myself into their arms and grinned when they welcomed me back. Both of them stared wide eyed at my hair and complimented the new me while Ginny grinned at my new found amazing fashion sense. I laughed at her surprise and we boarded the train and spoke about our summers, but fell silent when a certain red headed boy walked into the carriage. I glared at him and he sat down awkwardly next to me. Harry and Ginny being completely oblivious to our breakup, looked at us with raised eyebrows and confused expressions. I started to tear up, and ran out of the carriage. Ginny followed.

"Hermione slow down! Jeez you're fast, what's happened?" She shouted and I stopped just in front of the toilets with tears starting to fall.

"He broke up with me." I whispered, the tears now streaming silently.

"No... Why?! You guys were perfect!"

"He just owled me one day complaining about us not meeting up, when he knew- he KNEW that I needed time with my parents who recently got their memories back! Plus all this stuff with Andrea... I'm trying to deal with it but I'm not doing brilliantly!" I replied

"I take it Andrea is your mum?" She whispered.

I nodded and she hugged me. I told her I was going to change my robes and she left with an angry face so she could shout at Ron. I laughed and changed. When I came back out, she was a little red in the face but looked relieved.

"I seriously gave him a piece of my mind... He is now a fully fledged victim of my bat-bogey hex" she grinned, and I laughed, hugging her tightly. "Oh and by the way, McGonagall wants to see you, something about that well earned head girl position?" She squealed, winking at me an hugging me. I left her, telling her to go back to her one true love and winked on my way out to the headmistress.

When I got to her carriage, I found Malloy sat in one of the four seats, sneering at me.

"Sup mudblood, Weasley break up with you or something?" He smirked.

I turned red with anger at his perfect but irritating guess and pushed him to the seat next to him, pulling out my wand as I did so.

"Not much Ferret, how's Parkinson? Has she licked your dark mark yet? Probably, considering she has licked the rest of you!"

"What is it, your time of month you filthy mudblood?" He remarked, but I noticed his flinch at my mention of his dark mark.

"Why would you want to know? So you can make me bleed in more than one place? Bleed to my death? After all, you are a death eater, and isn't that what death eaters do?" I smirked, as again, he winced at the mention of him being a death eater. He didn't reply.

"What, no comeback? Shame, why don't you go run off and tell your daddy that the big bad mudblood hurt your pride." I said, looking him in his grey eyes. They widened and he looked down me for a moment, confusing me... Was he... Checking me out?!

"Piss off Granger. I assume you're sat here for a reason? Otherwise get out. I can't have your filth contaminating me."

"I happen to be head girl. And here's some advice- get new insults? I'm above anything you can say to me now, but in all honesty, it's quite boring."

He sneered at me, and then smirked as I glared at him.

"Well then Granger, it will be horrible working with you, pleased to meet you. I'm Draco, head boy."