34. A Climax of Sorts

Draco's POV

We appeared on to a high platform, and the wind was strong. My head fizzed and I blinked to try and focus.

"Draco. Potter," I saw my father spit.

"I see you worked it all out. May I ask, how you did so?"

I saw Harry step forward out of the corner of my eye.

We were in the astronomy tower, where Dumbledore had fallen. I swallowed the sickly feeling I had gotten and listened.

"McGonagall gave me a potion to share dreams with Draco. I was there and listening when you read the poem. I wrote it down. You may have charmed Draco to forget, but I didnt. When I woke up-"

"You had a slip of paper in your hands. Correct? And this slip of paper had the riddle on, yes? Ah Mr Potter, you truly out-do yourself. I take it you are the 'one who pries?"

Harry stood, unmoving with his wand pointed at my father. He resembled a similar stance.

"Funny, what lengths people will go to for what should be eradicated in the magical world. Filth. Ms. Granger is pure filth, and she is no more special than a muggle."

I found my voice.

"Filth? Well 'filth', as you call it, is going to be in our blood. Because I intend on marrying Hermione. Having as many children as she would like, and living a long happy life with the most incredible mate in the world."

"YOU DISGRACE THIS FAMILY LINE! She is FILTH!"

""NO SHE'S NOT."

"I WILL NOT LET OUR PURE BLOOD BE TAINTED WITH FILTH!"

"IT ALREADY IS!"

"Now now Draco! Veela blood strengthens you, not hinders you."

"I wasn't talking about veela blood."

"Then what-?"

"You. You're the filth in our blood. Family is blood, right?" I spat the words.

I glanced at Mia slumped, scared near the opening of the astronomy tower. I knew my position here. If anyone was to kill my father, it would be me. I made a move to use my wand, but was cut short as my father spun toward Hermione.

"Get up! GET UP YOU LITTLE WRETCH"

He kicked her and I flinched. He pulled her in front of him so that neither Harry nor I could use the curse without harming Mia.

"I think... it is time for the Malfoy line to be redeemed. Starting with the so-called mate."

Everything happened so quickly. Harry flung a cruciatus curse at Lucius when she moved as far away as she could whilst being held tightly. Lucius crumpled on the floor, and I ran over and kicked him. Hard enough that he was close to falling off the edge.

"You are the filth!" I spat again.

I kicked him again, but quick as a flash, he grabbed Hermione's ankle, and they both tumbled off the edge into the darkness.