Chapter 7 (The Maze changed him)

Gani knew what Newt was doing. She had no time to loose, she ran, ran as fast as she could to the wall and on the way she picked up some equipment that was just on the ground, she's got a shovel some rope she had her bow and arrows on her and that was pretty much it. Gani got up to the wall and looked up. She took the rope and tied it to the arrow and she shot the arrow up on the wall. She got a direct hit and it dug into the wall. She grabbed the rope and started climbing. She didn't have anywhere to put her feet so she had to use her upper body strength. She looked down to see many of the gladers at the bottom of the wall. Once she got close to Newt she looked at his face, there were tears running down his face but he didn't look back. It was now or never, she swung and grabbed him.
"What are you doing! Stop, come down, we can work this out!" Gani pleaded
"I can't Gani, let go!" He started hitting her.
She fell back and let go and only had one hand holding on. The pain was unbearable but she grabbed the rope and kept going. She got more determined and swung again. She grabbed onto Newt. This time she got a stronger hold. And he was thrashing and screaming at her she lowered herself as much as she could and dropped Newt and he landed on the ground.
He layed on the ground motionless as some of the boys grabbed him and ran him to the homestead. She let out a sigh of relief.
Gani felt a shift she looked up and saw the arrow was coming out of place.
Before she had time to react she was plummeting to the earth, and as she hit the ground, the world seemed to be engulfed into a black abyss.
* * *
Many things came back to her, many she didn't understand, she saw people in weird clothes as if protecting themselves from something, and the same words came up over and over again. Wicked Is Good. What did these words mean, and why were they coming up so frequently? Everything else she dreamed was a blur.
Gani woke up and opened her eyes to see a boy sitting next to the bed.
"It's ok, just relax, I'm Jeff, I've been taking care of you, I'm a Med-Jack"
Gani then remembered, what happened "but what about New-"
"Don't talk you have a pretty bad injury" he said looking down, as if he was nervous.
"What's wron-" before she finished she felt something. She looked down to see what was wrong, she saw the horrifying sight of her knee and under were gone.