Chapter 22 (The Confession)

"Newt come on" Gani said grabbing his arm and bringing him, to start going through the maze.
"Gani even if he is alive, the maze is bloody huge! We would never find him." Newt started sounding depressed again, just like when she met him. Gani brought him to the side again, she looked around to make sure there was no Grievers. She knew she only had about a minute until a Griever came, so she had to get it out fast.
"Newt please your killing me" Gani said with tears filling her eyes, "I was trying to help you stay happy and be optimistic about us living even though I know it's useless, but you are bringing me down" Gani had the tears running down her face. She felt useless.
"Gani I'm-I'm sorry, I didn't know" Newt said, he took his thumb and started rubbing away some of her tears.
Gani continued crying, trying to be as quiet as she could.
"I'm so sorry love" Newt said, Gani looked up,
"What?" Gani said, she felt her heart lurch.
"What?" Newt said
"You called me love"
"I did" he said sincerely with a soft smile without showing any teeth.
"Why?" Gani said,
"Because I love you" Newt said.
Gani looked up, she looked into his eyes.
"I love you too" Gani said, Newt grabbed the top of her head he bent down and kissed her forehead.
"What was that?" Newt said. They broke up quickly as they heard a scream.
"Minho" they said in unison, that was the only thing that could have made that sound.
"Come on" Gani said, they started running. They started going towards the screaming, Gani was just thankful he was alive.
While turning a corner Newt shot out his and Gani slammed against the wall,
"It's a beetle blade, sorry, it's just around the corner" Newt said in barely a whisper.
The screaming grew louder.
"We have no time! Minho doesn't sound so good" Gani said grabbing Newt by the shirt and running, the beetle blades red eyes focused on them for a second then scurried off.
"Gani what the heck!" Newt said, "now they are going to send Grievers after us!"
"Hey if you don't take risks there is no reward!" Gani said running quickly to the screaming.
"Great, we're all bloody inspired" Newt said in a sarcastic voice.
They were running following the screams, they were looking for 5 minutes and then saw a Griever chasing them again,
"Ah shit" Gani said under her breath.
"How do we loose him!" Gani asked Newt, he did know more about the maze,
"We have to just try and run him out! I know it's impossible but it's all we got. We need to try something!" Newt screamed trying to be louder then the Grievers wails.
It didn't seem possible but they could still hear Minho's screams.
They continued running Gani's who body was in pain, she didn't know how much longer she could outrun the Griever. But she ran, ran as fast as she could.
"The cliff!" Newt yelled, he turned a corner suddenly that she almost didn't turn herself. But Newt continued running.
There was a cliff that appeared after running from the noise wailing Griever, and it was definitely not loosing ground. Gani didn't know if she needed to keep running, but she kept going with Newt. Right before they were going to fall off he grabs her arms and swings her to the side, he pulls her into an embrace right as the Griever falls off the cliff. Gani dug her head into his chest and let out a breath.
"Are you ok love?" Newt said to her, wiping the hair from her eye. Gani smiled, she loves her new nickname. She just wanted to stay in his arms forever, just standing there doing that.
A scream cut through the air like a knife, Gani hadn't even known it stopped.
"Minho" Gani said breaking away from Newt even though that was not what she wanted to do at all.
"We need to find him" Gani said grabbing Newt's hand, and they ran to find Minho.