Chapter 37 (Code)

She went to the chest with all the maps in it. She sat down with a stack of maps. Then Gani looked at the back of the book. Then she looked at the maps.
"Need some help" Gally, Winston, Frypan, and a few other gladers said walking into the map room.
"Yeah that would be great!" She said to them.
"So what do we do?"
"This" Gani say giving them each a stack of the maps.
"Try to find any pattern, somethings that will show us, something.
We sat there for hours. We looked at all of the maps. The map didn't seem to make any patterns.
"FRYPAN!" Gani yell making everyone jump. It was completely silent before that. Oops.
"Yes!" He said looking at her annoyed.
"Can you please get me wax paper! Please!!"
"I don't just give out my wax pa-"
"Oh get the girl her wax paper dude!" A boy Gani did not know said. They were in there a long time, their patience was running short.
Frypan got up with a grunt and walked out of the map room. A few minutes later he came back in with wax paper.
She grabbed it and started tracing the maps.
"Your welcome!" Frypan said. This was no time to mess around. Gani looked at him with an angry face. He threw his arms up and walked back to his seat. There were a few hoots and hollers from the other boys. They must like Gani's courage.
"Oh my god" she says, she looks and moves them and puts them to the light.
"What is it?" Winston said.
"It's making something" a bunch of boys run over to see.
"Start tracing maps!" Frypan yelled, so everyone did what they were told. Within 3 hours they traced every map from the last year. It said one thing.

"Gladers,The Girl,The Maze"

Everyone looked at her. Gani looks at them. She quickly grabs the book and looks at the lock. She then looks at the back. She matchs everything, taking the letter and match it with the number on where the letter is in the word.
After everything was decoded it had 19 letters.

B H E D O E C A O M D R R L U A T N S

Gani looks at it. The boys looked confused.
"So what is that?" They said
"It's the key to the lock."
"What lock?"
"The lock to the book" Gani says.
"Why is the book so important?" Winston asks her.
"I don't know but it seems important" Gani says.
"Look!" She says, "it says, Blood"
"That says Run" Scott says coming over.
"I see Death" A boy says.
"And I see something else" Gani says looking up. Everyone went silent and looked at her "Scream"