Chapter 27 (Something to frown about)

The next week Gani would just do the same thing. She stayed in the homestead. The place her and Newt would sometimes stay together. She got up and went to get breakfast. Frypan got her some eggs and bacon and she sat down. Thomas sat down next to her. Chuck and Minho came to sit down too. Minho was on crutches.
"Hey Gani" Thomas said, he's been trying to cheer her up.
"Hey" Gani said with a half smile.
"Come on Gani!" Minho said.
"Can you be shucking happy for a second!" Well at least Minho was pretty much back to normal. Gani raised an eyebrow and had a frown on her face.
"Wow Minho" Gani said "you try not being able to sleep for a week worrying about everything, I've been working everyday in the gardens instead of being a runner,also I've never cried so much in my life."
Thomas put his arm around her lower back.
"Way to bring up the mood Minho" Chuck said slapping Minho's arm, Minho turned his head slowly and had a deadly look on his face.
Chuck quickly grabbed his fork and started eating.
"I'm sorry" Gani said.
"No it's my fault" Minho said.
Jeff barged into the room before anyone could say anything. He looked around and ran over to Gani's table.
"Gani! Newt's saying stuff! In his sleep, it's the closest he's been to waking! Come on!" Gani gulped she felt the blood leave her face.
She jumped up and picked up her bow and arrow quiver and ran to the medjack shack.
Newt was moving for the first time in a week. Gani went over and sat down on Newt's bed. He was mumbling.
"Wicked is good" he repeated over and over, "I didn't do it, stop!" He said. Gani didn't understand what was happening. Then he went back to saying Wicked it good.
Gani sat there rubbed his arm. He just kept repeated Wicked is good.
"That's pretty much all he's been saying for a while" Clint said sitting in a chair on the other side of the bed.
Gani nodded and looked up at Clint.
"Gani we don't want to bring you down but we don't know when or if he will ever wake up." Clint said "I'm sorry"
"It's ok" she said in a hushed whisper.
They waited in silence for a while. All you could hear was the faint whispers of Newt. Gani just looked at Newt.
Thomas and Minho walked into the room. Minho sat down on a chair in the corner. Thomas stood next to Minho with his arms crossed.
Then something happened. Newt's eyes fluttered open. Gani started laughing and her smile was extremely noticeable.
"Hey G, I thought I was the one who woke up early" he said smiling from ear to ear.
Gani bent down and rapped her arms around him quickly, just as he grabbed her back and sat up a bit.
He held her tight against his chest. She dug her head into his shoulder. She started crying she was so happy.
"I love you" he said.
"Thanks for coming back to me" Gani said.
"I'd always come back for you" he said sitting up completely now. He wasn't wearing a shirt.
She wrapped her legs around his upper waist. She was tall enough to be eye to eye with Newt now because she was sitting on his lap.
She wrapped her arms around the back of his neck.
"And I'll be waiting, always" Gani said with a smile.
Newt leaned in and kissed her.
"Uh lovebirds? We're still here, we're all still here! And we are all watching this!" Minho said.
Newt just waved Minho off, and he kept holding onto Gani with the other hand. They were still kissing
Clint and Jeff left the room. Gani then opened her eyes to see Minho looking down and Thomas looking uncomfortable.
Gani knew Minho liked her and that must be so brutal for him for her to be kissing her like that. And Thomas told her he didn't like Newt and Gani doing stuff together. But they were just kissing! She obeyed Thomas's wishes. He must just not like guys with his sister.
But Gani was more worried about Minho. Sitting in the corner with a broken leg, sad about her and Newt.
Gani ripped away from Newt.
"Newt we need to stop for a little while", Gani said trying not to look at at Minho.
"Gani, I've been in a comma for 2 weeks!"
"I know," Gani said leaning to Newt's ear, "I'll tell you later, please just wait till we're alone"
He stared at her with crossed arms, but he nodded.
She hadn't told him about Minho or about Thomas. About how Thomas was her brother. And how Minho needed her just as much as Newt did.
She knew one thing though, her next talk with Newt, wouldn't be pretty.