Chapter 17 (The Leg)

(Press the picture if your confused on how the leg looks, that is what I pretty much thought it would be like, just a little better if it was made in the future, and it is more curved in my story. Sorry if I'm confusing you)

"Well put it on then!" Newt said to Gani, kneeling down next to her ready to help. He helped her remove her other leg. And they gently slid on the new leg.
"Fits like a glove" Gani said looking up, she noticed Newt's eyes met her's at the same level, they were about 6 inches from each other.
"Gani your something else" Newt said, putting his hand under her's, "because for the first time, in a long time, I feel like we have a chance to get out of here." Gani let out a breath, she put her hand on the back of Newt's neck. He started to look sad, he put his head down, a tear came out and splashed on Gani's hand that was right beneath it.
"Newt, you know we can't live here forever" Gani said brushing the hair from his eye, "and even if we were here for a long time, there are still people around here who care about you." Gani continued, wiping the next tear from his eye off his cheek.
"Like who" he replied in a depressing voice,
"Like me" Gani answered. And as he looked up at her she leaned in and pushed her lips against his. He didn't seem that surprised. At first he just sat there, but then he moved in and placed one arm on her back and the other on her neck, Gani closed her eyes, and Gani grabbed Newt, Gani felt Newt putting his hand through her hair and messing it up. Gani was smiling between the kiss Newt kept giving her. Gani knew people must be watching because they were in the middle of the glade, but at that moment the universe didn't seem to matter, nothing seemed to matter but that moment.
After a while, Gani separated herself from Newt, she knew he would stay there as long as Gani let him.
"Hey" Gani said to Newt, he looked a little disappointed but he looked better then he did before the kiss.
"Yeah" Newt said biting the side of his lip, a smirk was forming ever so slightly.
Gani looked at Minho looking over with folded arms and something that was for sure not a smile on his face. Alby and a boy Gani didn't know was looking at them with half grin smirks on their faces.
"Nothing" Gani said responding to Newt. "I just want to try out my leg. I don't know if I can even run yet"
"Yeah! Sure go ahead!" Newt said getting up. He started to help her get up. She got up and started bouncing a little trying to test out her leg.
"I'm going to try and run" Gani said, taking a gulp.
"Ok, good luck G." He said to her, patting her on the back.
"Thanks" Gani said.
Then she started to run, she ran to the homestead, once she got there she laughed. She could run. She could run fast. Really fast. Like she had never lost her leg. She ran back to Newt and he laughed, he picked her up off the the ground and he hugged her, her legs hanging.
"It worked" Gani said almost in tears she was so happy.
"It sure did work" Minho said walking over.
"It did" Newt said putting her down.
"I can be a runner!" Gani said enthusiastically.
"Whoa wait" Minho said putting up his hand, "I never agreed to you being a runner."