Chapter 8 (Something Lost)

Gani felt like she was going to throw up. She looked down again, and put her head back on her pillow, how was she going to survive without a leg?!
"Wait! What happened? How did me falling make you people decide to take off my leg!" Gani asked Jeff,
"When you grabbed onto Newt as you know, you dropped him onto the ground, but that time you were holding onto him, and that put to much stress on the arrow, the arrow came out, and as you fell and went unconscious the arrow came down and went through your knee, your kneecap shattered and we don't have the correct medical technology to replace the knee, so we had to take it off" Jeff explained to her.
"Ok,um.. So how long was I asleep" Gani said sitting up as much as she could to try to hide how terrified she was.
"Well about 5 days, people were thinking you wouldn't wake up after I preformed your surgery, but Clint is pretty good at cauterizing so no infection showed. Clint is the other Med-Jack by the way". Everything still didn't feel real. She reached down and felt her leg, it was smooth right under her thigh.
Chuck came into the room really quickly
"Whoa you woke up!" Chuck seemed stunned like he didn't expect that to happen "I need to go tell Alby and Minho, they want to see you" and he ran out of the moon without another word.
"Where's Newt?" Gani asked Jeff, not afraid to hide the concern in her voice.
"He's alive" he said nodding looking at nowhere in particular.
"What do you mean he's alive? Is he safe, feeling better, like what?" She needed more information, she was like an alligator trying to get its meal.
"Easy, your blood pressure has been out of whack lately," Jeff responded "I don't know much, but Alby and Minho are probably going to talk to you about it" they waited in silence for 15 minutes, Minho walked into the room quickly with Alby right behind him. Alby grabbed a chair and sat down, Minho grabbed a chair and turned it and sat down with the back of the chair facing his chest.
"What the heck were you thinking?" Alby said before anything else could be said, Jeff excused himself, and left the 3 of them alone.
"I'm fine thanks for asking" Gani responded crossing her arms and lifting an eyebrow.
"Don't be smart with me, why did you do that?" Alby said
"What's to explain? I saw Newt doing something bad, so I saved his life! I didn't think that would be so wrong." Gani replied, there was a blanket over her injured leg, no one could see it yet.
"Well you scared us pretty dang good there Greenie" Minho said looking pretty concerned, and for some reason, they weren't mentioning his leg, did they know?
"Yeah I know, sorry" Gani said looking down "so, uh was Jeff the only one who took care of me when I was out" Gani tried to sound casual.
"Yeah he wouldn't let anyone come in to see you not even me or Minho, he said you shouldn't be distributed" Alby put extra exaggeration on the word 'disturbed'.
"Did he mention anything to you, anything you want to talk about" this time she didn't hide her concern, because she was almost positive by now that they didn't know about her leg.
"Well he told us he was going to do a simple surgery to take the arrow out of you leg but that's it." Alby looked away, then scrunched his eyebrows and looked back up at her, " why do you ask?"
"Don't yell at me, but something happened" and gathering up the courage she had left took the blanket off to show her leg.
"What the hell?" Minho said standing out of his chair slowly, Alby's eyes were really wide, and his mouth was open a little.
"What happened? You lost your leg?"Minho said " like really? How?"
Minho turned to Alby, "how is she going to survive around here? How- she can't even walk?" Gani couldn't be sure but she thought she heard a but of concern in his voice. Alby was looking at her leg with one hand on his hip and the other over his mouth "I'm not sure. I don't know what's going to happen, we might need to ask the creators for some guidance on this one." Alby responded "I can't believe Jeff didn't tell us."
"Shit" Minho said under his breath, turning around running one hand through his hair and one hand on his hip, he was turning in a circle slowly.
"I don't ask the shucking creators about anything, how can I trust them after what they did to us." Minho half yelled at Alby.
"Can you people stop freaking out, I need to know some information about Newt now."
They both stopped arguing at each other and looked at Gani. They both sat down and Alby cleared his throat "Um so we put him in the homestead, and we locked the room we put him in, he's kinda acting really weird"
"Yeah he's been staring off into space for hours and he won't eat. I don't know what's happening but he won't last that much longer if he won't drink, he won't talk to anyone" Minho added.
"We need some help, I don't know how to fix this"
"Do you want me to talk to him?" Gani asked
"I don't know, he might be mad at you, you know, for all that stuff you did, and on top of that I don't think he should see that." Minho pointed to Gani's leg.
"I need to talk to him, it's fine, he'll be fine"
"Whatever you say, I hope this goes well." Minho said looking at Alby.