Chapter 18 (Lovebirds)

(🚨Chapter might contain some more mature topics but nothing does happen so it should be ok, so all I'm saying is please mature comments, thank you🚨)

"What do you mean Minho?!" Newt went to Gani's side immediately, "you just saw her run! She was fast! How can you not let her be a bloody runner!"
"Newt calm down" Gani said putting her hand on his back.
"No it's not ok. You deserve to be a runner, at least after all you've been through!" Newt said. Minho chimed in, "Look Newt, it's just probably not the best idea. Gani is first only girl, possibly the only girl left in the world. We shouldn't risk it." Minho said with his muscular arms crossed.
"Can I prove it to you somehow Minho? I can do it." Gani said looking at Minho.
"I don't see how you can, and besides, the maze changes people, we've lost people to the maze, we've had people lost and get stuck out there, or they just didn't make it back in time, not to mention..." Minho said motioning towards Newt.
Newt didn't seem to care about the remark.
"I don't think you are going to go out there sweetheart" Minho said back.
Gani raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms, she didn't like that comment, she looked over at Newt, he seemed to have not liked the comment either.
Gani started thinking of a valid reason she would be able to use against Minho to convince him to be a runner.
"Minho" Gani started, "you think the creators would send me a new leg I had to put together for no reason? They must have a reason to send me a new leg. A new leg built for running? Because that would be stupid, they obviously are trying to communicate wth us nonverbally. Also the note I got said something very weird. It said 'The chosen one is the only one who can crack the code' that can't be a coincidence."
"Look Gani, I don't think it's a good idea. And that's my opinion and that means it's a no." Minho said, Gani could tell he wouldn't budge, she's going to have to think of something else sometime but it was getting dark and she knew continuing the conversation wouldn't work.
"Fine" Gani said grabbing her other leg, "I'm going to go get something to eat before I fall asleep" Gani told Newt. Then she walked away. She went to the kitchen. She grabbed a sandwich and some juice and walked to the homestead. She really wanted to be alone. So she walked into the room she stayed at the first night. She ate her food in silence, nothing happened. When she was finished she put her plate on the bedside table. She laid down and looked at the ceiling. Newt walked in and sat down on the other bed. Gani turned her head to the side to look at him.
"Whoa Newt what happened!" Gani said getting up and walking to the other bed, Newt's eye was puffy and black, his mouth had blood dripping down from one side.
"Newt" Gani said getting up and grabbing a rag from the bedside table and wetting it with water. She started dabbing the blood away.
"Nothing I'm fine" he said, his elbows were resting on his knees.
"Newt your bleeding and bruised, I don't think nothing happened!" Gani said grabbing his chin and turning his head towards her face. He looked down.
"Minho is just upset for some reason, like I said he's been acting weird since you got here. He got mad at me" Newt said obviously hurt, not from his eye and mouth, but more like emotionally, like he is sad Minho would do that. She knows they used to be very close.
She got up and walked to the window and just looked outside. She tried to calm down. She just was sad someone would do something like that, it must be her fault too. Newt keeps saying "since she got here" so that must mean it's all her. She just stood there.
"It's ok I'll be fine" Newt said walking over to her wrapping his arms around her. He looked out the window with her, and he put his chin on her head. She held his hands that were in front of her.
"So Gani do you want me to help you convince Minho to make you a runner?" Newt said.
"I don't know"
"Ok so what?" He started putting his lip on her ear. She got chills down her spine and she smiled and closed her eyes. He started kissing her neck. She turned to face him. He pulled her as close as she could and pushed his lips against her quickly.
"I think we should think of something to tell Minho" Gani said pulling herself away.
"Yeah" he said in a half whisper putting his cheek on her head.
"We should probably think of the thing to tell Minho" Gani said now looking into his eyes.
"Ah Fuck it" Newt said grabbing Gani and he took of his shirt. He pushed Gani on the bed and it started a make out. He slid his hand down the Gani's shirt. But the one thing she liked about Newt is he didn't have to do other dirty things to have a good time with her.