Welcome Part Two

Ezra POV

"Hera!" Came a surprised shout.

It woke me up from a fitful sleep and when I didn't see Papa in the bed next to mine I became afraid.

"Papa!"

Kanan POV

The twi'leck in front of me smiled.

"Its been a long time."

I snapped out of my daze and moved back.

"Wont you come in?"

She came in and when I heard my child crying out.

"Papa!" Ezra cried fear lacing his voice.

"Be right back Hera," I told her hurrying into the other room.

I found Ezra sitting up in bed shaking and crying.

"What's wrong, Buddy?" I whispered pulling him into my lap.

"I woke up and you weren't here. I was afraid that my nightmare came true," he cried burying his face against my bare chest.

"EJ," I whispered wrapping my arms around him. "It was just a dream, I'm right here."

He sighed in relief as he laid his head where he could hear my heart beating.

"Shh..." I soothed as I went to lay him back down.

"No," Ezra clung tight to me.

"Ezra, you're safe I promise," I said.

He didn't let go. I suddenly got an idea. I stood up with him in my arms and then sat him down on my bed. I grabbed a better pair of pants and muscle shirt and slipped them on. Ezra stared in confusion. I grabbed him a shirt and slipped it over his head.

"What's happening?" He asked.

"It's ok," I smiled at him before picking him up.

I was relieved to see Hera still here but she was confused staring at the child in my arms.

NPOV

Kanan smiled at his long time friend as he walked back into the living room.

"Uh? Whose's that?" She asked.

Ezra lifted his head from Kanan's shoulder to stare at the woman.

"Hera, meet my son, Ezra. Ez this is Hera, she's a really good friend of mine," Kanan said as Ezra laid his head back down but still kept his eyes trained on the twi'leck.

"It's nice to meet you," Hera grinned.

"Hi," Ezra said timidly.

"It's ok Ezra. Sorry Hera he's not big on strangers," Kanan smirked.

Hera chuckled softly stepping closer to the pair.

"I think he is adorable."

Ezra lifted his head slightly staring at her.

Hera POV

I was shocked to know that the boy who I had a crush on was now a father. From what I heard he wasn't married and I didn't see a ring to prove otherwise. However when he came out he was fully clothed and carrying a child that couldn't have been more than seven and had the bluest eyes I had ever seen. As he studied me it seemed as though his eyes were staring into my soul.

"You are such a cutie," I smiled at him.

He glanced up at Kanan before letting out a small yawn.

"Who is obviously tired," Kanan chuckled. "We've had a long day."

Ezra sighed and closed his eyes cuddling closer to Kanan. He just readjusted his grip and the little boy was out.

"Wow."

"Years of practice," Kanan grinned before gesturing to the couch.

"I can wait if you want to..." I started to say.

Kanan just shook his head.

"No, trust me after what happened today, this is where you want him."

I relented and joined him on the couch.

"So... not to sound ungrateful or anything but I haven't seen you in forever, why all of the sudden show up?"

I sighed before turning to face him.