Birthday Shocker Part Two

OH GOODNESS THAT CLIP FOR SEASON THREE! WOW! All I can say is it will definitely be worth watching. Any who on a side note this will be the last update till next week. I am going on vacation and won't have internet access. Without further wait, please enjoy the chapter. 

NPOV

The preteen huffed as him and Kanan walked a little bit away from the cantina.

"Why are we training today? I thought it was my birthday," he complained.

"Says the kid who always says he hates his birthday," Kanan said fixing the boy with a look.

"But still, you have never wanted to train on my birthday."

Kanan sighed sinking down to the ground. Ezra mimicked his movements.

"You're getting older and the farther we get into this fight the more danger that we attract to ourselves. I want to make sure that you can defend yourself." Kanan said looking tired.

"Dad I can protect myself, see?" Ezra jumped up and started doing all kinds of fighting moves.

"EJ that's not what I mean," Kanan said watching him.

The boy didn't seem to notice causing the older man to sigh once more. Picking up a rock, he threw it into the grass and a loth cat jumped up growling. Unfortunately it decided Ezra was the one it would attacked.

"Hey get this thing off of me!"

Kanan reached out through the force and connected with the cat. Calming down it jumped off and started meowing.

"You can defend yourself huh?" Kanan said helping him stand.

"Yeah well, you're always around so don't get much of a chance," Ezra responded crossing his arms.

"I'm not going to be around forever Son. I want to make sure you are going to be alright," Kanan said bending down so they were eye level.

"Ok, but not today," Ezra smiled at him.

Kanan ruffled his hair and pulled him into a hug.

Ezra POV

I smiled relaxing into my Dad's hold. Times like these gotten fewer and father in-between. Maybe he's right but as far as I'm concerned right now, I still get my Daddy all to myself. The moment was broken when a loud scream erupted.

'Great,' I thought sarcastically.

"Why are tie fighters here?" I asked looking up.

"Nothing good, come on!" Dad said as we took off toward Joe's.

To say an eerie feeling wasn't in the cantina when we stepped in, I would be lying. The first part of my nightmare seemed to come back as Dad gripped my arm tightly. I restrained myself from burrowing into his side not liking what the force was doing. We walked over to the bar, Mom watching us carefully. I hopped up on a stool my legs still too short to reach the floor. Unfortunately one of the tie pilots grabbed my shoulder causing me to squeak in surprise. Dad growled grabbing the man's wrist jerking it off.

"Sir," the pilot commanded.

"He did nothing, we have only arrived not two minutes ago," Dad said letting him go.

The voice he used it in was quiet but it might as well have been screamed. The pilot stepped back and went back to his business.

"Thanks," I whispered when he took a glance at my shoulder.

"No problem," he whispered back.

I looked over to see the pilot and two others spin a rodiiaan around and looked at the picture on the datapad. The name read, TSEEBO! The dream came back and I felt everything lock up. The next thing I knew Dad was trying to bring me out of my stupor.