A New Enemy Part Three

Wow, almost 4500 views! Thank you everyone, I never thought that this book would be so popular! So as a special treat,  here is the next chapter!

NPV

Kanan dashed out, blaster raised only to find Hera lying in a pool of her own blood.

"Hera!" He shouted dropping to her side.

He stared at the gash across her stomach and the wound that looked  like it came from a lightsaber. The pilot moaned bringing him back to attention. 

"Hera! Come on Love wake up," he begged.

"Kanan?" She whispered eyes staring blearily at him.

"Hera what happened?"

"He took him."

Kanan POV

My heart started pounding as she said that. 

"Hera, who? Who did he take and who is he?"

"Ezra, I tried to protect him but the man took him," she spoke softly. "Kanan I'm sorry." 

"No Hera, please! Please, you're going to be alright! Who took Ezra!" 

I was scared, how could someone get on board without our detection and do all of this? 

"I don't know, but he was definitely Imperial," she gasped. "Kanan, find our boy and take the Ghost and chopper and get out of here." 

Take the Ghost? No! 

"Hera, the only way I'm taking the Ghost anywhere if all of us are on board. I'm gonna get you to the med bay and go after the creep," I told her as I went to pick her up. However she placed a hand on my arm. 

Hera smiled at me and mouthed an I love you before she closed her eyes and breathed her last. Her hand falling from it's spot.  As much as I wanted to mourn, Ezra was still in danger. I stood wiping the tears away and made my way to Sabine's room only to find her dead, pulse quickening I ran into Zeb's room and found the same result. What was happening? A second scream pierced the air and I was racing for the cockpit. When I reached it, I saw a sparking chopper and heard struggling. Dropping into the cargo bay I saw the creature from earlier and Ezra in a choke hold.

"Hello Jedi," the creature said in a smooth voice.

"Let him go," I growled.

"And why should I do that?"

Ezra started to struggle until a red lightsaber was igniting and brought to close to his face. He whimpered and that made my blood boil.

"Who are you?" I asked. 

"I am the Inquisitor, I have watched you for some time now. The boy shows signs of being strong in the force and will serve the Empire well," he said all the while getting closer to the open ramp. 

"Let him go," I said calmly. 

"And if I don't?"

I ignited my own lightsaber, not sure where it came from because I remembered grabbing my blaster. The creature grinned and then threw the boy into the wall. Ezra hit with a loud echo and then fell to the floor with a thud. In a blind fury I attacked, only for him to disappear. 

"What the?" I stared confused before I remembered. 

"Ezra!" I yelped racing over to him.

 I gently rolled the child onto his back and my heart broke at the sight of him so still.

"Ezra?" I touched his face. 

Blue eyes fluttered open for a brief second before they shut and he went limp.

"Ezra!"

NPV

"Ezra!" Kanan screamed as he shot up only to feel a weight on his lap.

The man looked down to see his precious boy staring back at him with wide blue eyes.

"Are you ok?" The boy asked watching his father pan

That one question finally broke the barrier. Kanan grabbed the child holding close, shaking.

Kanan POV

I can't take the feeling of being helpless when I have dreams like that. Ezra means the galaxy to me and by having them means I can't protect him. It was bad enough when it was just us back in the city. At least back then all I had to do was pick him up and either walk away or if it was a nightmare then place him beside me. Maybe we could go back to that life. Where all we had to worry about was the citizens and maybe a few troopers. Looking down at him I knew that wasn't possible. Because even though the dangers were less frequent the problems we did have were, me not being around causing Ezra to look after himself for hours, or when he was with me,  people at the bar trying to hurt him, use him or my personal favorite someone trying to take the boy away from me. Here, I didn't have to worry about where he was or if he was ok. Here he had safety, he could run around in the fields and had friends to play with. Here was home.

"Papa?" His voice broke through my thoughts.

I stared into his eyes and grinned as sleep started to claim him again.

"Yes?"

"No more nightmares," he slurred his hand curling against my bare chest.

"No, no my little one, no more nightmares tonight," I whispered as his eyes closed and he relaxed.

Poor kid I guess I gave him a good scare. Gently I moved him to my side and watched as he instinctively snuggled against me.

"Good night, Ezra." 

Again thank you everyone! The next part will skip ahead a few years. Until next time, thank you and good night!