New Family Part Four

The storm screamed as Ezra and I ran into the tower. I locked the door and pushed him under the stair case. Listening for a moment I realized that we had less than five minutes. I quickly crawled underneath the stairs only to find we were not alone. A child that couldn't be a year or two older than Ezra was hiding there too.

Ezra POV

I couldn't believe it! The girl from my dreams is here, right here in front of me. Only she didn't look hurt she looked scared. Not that I blamed her, I was terrified.

Hera POV

I looked between the two not sure how things were about to go. Suddenly a large bang sounded, the mother in me grabbed Ezra and the girl and covered them both hoping the storm would quickly pass.

Kanan POV

I made it to the communications tower and in horror watched as it ripped the place apart. As it moved on I quickly landed the ship and raced out hoping to find them in one piece. I remember the last time a tornado had destroyed part of the city and it still frightened me.

Flashback NPOV

The air was warm and sticky. Kanan had just gotten off work and was heading home with a cranky toddler.

"Something doesn't feel right," he whispered to himself as he had made it home.

Inside the house wasn't much better so it didn't help Ezra's mood.

"EJ please., I know it's hot but you aren't helping the matter," Kanan said setting him down.

Ezra pouted wanting to be picked up again.

"No Ezra," Kanan said stepping away from the child.

Ezra huffed and pouted. It was obvious he didn't like the weather. Kanan couldn't stand to see his son miserable but he couldn't break every time the kid made that face.

"Tell you what, since you're cranky and I'm exhausted how about a bath and then some sleep?"

Ezra shook his head as Kanan picked him up.

"That wasn't a question."

Despite trying to protest Ezra was asleep before his head hit the pillow. Kanan chuckled getting into his own bed. Several hours later, the man was a woken to a disturbance. Kanan quickly got out of bed and checked to make sure his boy was still safe in his crib. Sighing in relief he went into the living room. Everything was in order, so he looked outside. Lighting flashed and when it did Kanan saw the clear markings of a tornado. On the next flash he could tell that it was heading right at him.

Springing into action Kanan raced back into his bedroom, put on a shirt, shoved on his boots. He reached down and carefully picked Ezra up wrapping the blanket securely around him.

"Huh, Pa-pa?"

"Shh... just go back to sleep Buddy," he cooed at the child.

Ezra knew something was wrong as he began to squirm.

"Blanket, hot," he whimpered.

"I know, I know, Son," Kanan said leaving the room.

The roaring was loud now. Ezra started to cry as Kanan yanked the door to the cellar open.

"Shh...don't cry, don't cry," Kanan tried to soothe him.

He quickly shut the door and latched it tightly.

"Papa," came a frightened cry.

"It's ok, it's ok. I'm right here, I have you," he whispered as he retreated to the far end of the room.

A banging above them had Ezra burying his head against Kanan's chest.

"Shh..." Kanan whispered pulling the blanket over the child's head.

He curled his body around him trying to block the sound of the wind. Then it was quiet. Kanan looked up but he knew that it wasn't over yet.

End of Flashback/ Ezra POV

I cried out as the wind knocked Mom a way from us. This worse than the last time a tornado showed up. Of course Papa and I were underground and he was holding me tight to his chest. I felt the girl lifting up off of me. She screamed as I grabbed her hand and then grabbed to a pole holding tight. The storm was in the most intensity and I could have sworn the gravity had been turned off. Then as suddenly as it come, it was gone and we fell to the ground in a heap.

I groaned as I sat up rubbing my head. The girl stirred beside me.

"Are you alright?" I whispered.

"I think so," she said taking off the helmet.

She had long brown hair and big amber eyes.

"I'm Ezra and you are?"

"Sabine, my name is Sabine Wren," she said quietly.

Mom stirred and I was at her side quickly helping her sit up.

"Hera? Hera! Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, are you two alright? Are you hurt?" She asked going into mother hen mode.

Sabine looked shocked.

Sabine POV

Is this woman out of her mind? Why would she care if I was alright? Suddenly I heard a man calling from outside.

"Hera! Ezra!"

NPOV

Kanan used his lightsaber and cut open the door to get to his family. Every single horrible thing that could have happen was going through his mind.

"Ezra!" He cried out, slightly forgetting that Zeb was there.

The child looked up from his mother's side.

"Pa...Kanan!" He cried happily.

The man quickly hit his knees wrapping his arms around the two.

"Are you two alright?"

Ezra peaked over Kanan's shoulder to look for Sabine but she wasn't there.

"Hey where did she go?"

"Who Bud?" Kanan asked puling back.

"Sabine, the girl from my dream, she was right there," he said pointing to the spot.

Kanan turned to find the spot empty.

"I don't see anything now, come on, let's get Hera on board," he said, gently lifting Hera onto her feet.

The captain groaned softly but was able to walk as they made their way out of the building. Ezra turned back to the spot but didn't see anything.

"Hey Kid, Kanan said come on," Zeb said from the doorway.

"I'm coming," Ezra said walking back to the Lasat.

"You ok, Kid?"

"Yeah, I'm ok," he said going past him.

The warrior glanced back but didn't see anything. Sighing he walked out and back on board. The ship lifted off and flew out of sight. The young girl stepped from the shadows and stared at the fading ship.

Ok you guys were right it was Sabine. Don't worry this is not the last time we will see her.