New Family Part Three

Thank you for all of the readings and reviews. Please enjoy the chapter. 

A week later

Hera POV

The ship has definitely been louder and more efficient since Zeb joined. Though Kanan has been civilized he tends to keep Ezra within eye sight and arm distance. I have got to get that child out so Kanan actually has to talk to Zeb.

"Ezra!" I called knocking on the boy's door.

"We are in the common room," Kanan said over the comm.

I shook my head and went toward there. Walking in I found Kanan doing what he does everyday trying to teach Ezra.

"Come on Ezra lift the bowl, it's not that hard," he said encouragingly.

However I could see that Ezra's mind was somewhere else. After about five minutes Kanan leaned back.

"Alright what's wrong?"

"Huh?" He asked snapping out of his daze.

"I asked what's wrong? Your mind is somewhere else today," Kanan said slightly concerned.

"I'm sorry Papa," he whispered fingering his necklace.

"EJ?"

"I don't know, ok," he shouted.

I may not be force sensitive but I know when something is off with my boy. 

"No reason to shout," I scolded gently.

He ducked his head, but Kanan was not about to back down.

"Ezra."

He didn't yell but Ezra looked up knowing he was about to be in trouble if he didn't cooperate.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I had a dream last night about this girl and she needs help," he said looking almost desperate.

"It was just a dream," Kanan said hoping to calm his fear.

"Maybe not," I told him and turned back to Ezra.

"Tell you what, why don't you come with me on a supply run. That way you can clear your head and maybe find out what your dream meant."

Ezra looked up excited while Kanan seemed nervous.

"Are you sure Hera? His powers can be hard to control sometimes."

"Kanan Jarrus, you cannot keep this child locked away forever,"I said knowing he would say anything to keep Ezra on board.

Kanan sighed in defeat. 

"You're right but doesn't mean I have to like it. Just be careful."

"I promise," I said giving him a quick kiss. "Come on Ez."

Ezra gave his father a hug and ran out the door.

"Oh and one more thing Kanan, please be civil with Zeb. BYE!" I said walking out there door quickly.

NPOV

Hera chuckled as she slid down the ladder to the cargo bay.

"What's so funny?" Ezra asked.

"Your Father," Hera laughed opening the ramp.

"What?"

"Never mind," she said as she walked off with the boy right behind her.

Several hours later

Kanan POV

I sighed as I tried to busy myself by cleaning my lightsaber. I have never fully like having Ezra out of my sight after joining up with Hera but she does have a point. I can't keep him hidden away forever. I was so in grossed with what I was doing I didn't notice Zeb coming in.