The Start Part Three

Hi everyone! Sorry this has taken so long. Senior year is winding down and the projects are piling up. Don't worry the next chapter is in the works! Until then, enjoy the chapter!

Kanan POV

I can't believe that Ezra was captured. This is probably the worst parenting act  I have ever done. I know he was trying to help and I'm proud that he did,  I just didn't think he would get captured! Standing outside of the complex I tried to reach out with the force. Ezra's signature radiated fear and I felt my heart leap into my throat.

"Hold on Buddy, I'm coming."

Ezra POV

As I sat in the cell, I became annoyed watching Sabine pace back and forth.

"Oh no, no, no, no, I can't go back, I can't!"

This went on for about ten minutes before someone entered the door. I looked up schooling my expression to neutral. At least I hoped it was.

"Well, well what do we have here? A traitor and a young child? I am Agent Kallus, cooperate and you will get a fair trial," Kallus said with a slight sneer.

Kallus? Where have I? Oh no! I quickly ducked my head, knowing he could recognized me! Sabine on the other hand, whirled around to face him. 

"Like we would trust a bucket head like you!"

That seemed to be the wrong answer. Kallus growled and walked back out ordering troopers in to search us. Luckily for me, Papa made sure I didn't have any noticeable weapons on me. Despite my fear, I found my self slipping into meditation. The troopers left, satisfied we didn't have anything and that when she turned on me.

"How can you be so calm?" She yelled quietly.

"Probably because I have faith that my friends will come," I told her bluntly my eyes still closed.

"Faith, ha, faith in others is what got me where I am. Others are what gets you killed," she huffed.

"I don't know what happened to you, but I do know that they will come and when they do we will escape," I said opening my eyes.

Her attitude was starting to make me mad. Papa always said that in order to succeed sometimes all we need is a little faith. I not wanting to be in this cell another minute, I reached out to the force and found him and Zeb. A touch on my mind was all I needed to let it enter. 

'Ezra?'

'Daddy!' I cried out happily. 

'Are you ok? Did they hurt you?'

Uh oh, protective Dad mode activating. 

'Kanan,' I growled slightly to stop him. 'I'm fine, but I'm about to knock heads with Sabine.'

'Who? Know what never mind, we're coming my boy,' he promised as the connecting broke. 

"I knew it," I smirked looking at Sabine.

"What? Knew what?" She asked.

"They're coming," I said. 

Zeb's POV

Kanan has been on edge ever since the Kid got captured. Not that I blame him, I would be too. All of sudden the man seemed to go into a trance and back to reality in a few minutes. 

"Are you ok?" 

"Yeah, Ezra. Darn kid," he said shaking his head. 

"Is he ok?" I asked. 

"Yeah, but turns out he has made a friend and she is about to drive him nuts," he chuckled. 

"So, what's the plan?" I asked as we hid ourselves away from a trooper coming. 

"Go in, find Ezra, and get out," Kanan said as he stared worriedly at the doors.

"Ok, but how do we get in?"

Kanan looked at me annoyed like he hadn't thought that far ahead but then his face brightened with an idea.

"Easy, you're the bait," he smirked.

"What?!"

NPOV

It didn't take long for Kanan to subdue the trooper, knock him out, and take his armor. What did take a while was for Zeb to accept the challenge of being the bait.

"Why can't you do it?" He complained as Kanan got dressed.

"Because in order to do that I would have to reveal myself to them putting all of us in even more danger. That is a risk I am not about to take," Kanan countered placing the helmet on his head.

"Now get moving rebel scum."

Zeb rolled his eyes but did as asked. Soon enough they were stopped by troopers.

"Halt, what's going on here?

"Prisoner transfer," Kanan said.

"I have no knowledge of that," the trooper said.

Zeb sighed in frustration and glanced back at the other man. A slight nod was seen and that was all he needed. The Lasat downed the troopers and got the doors opened.

"You know their was a better way," Kanan smirked under the helmet. Normally he didn't like using major violence but when it came to his son's safety, forget the Jedi teachings. He would do anything. 

"Yeah, well you might want to ditch the armor. Kid is going to freak when he sees you," Zeb chuckled.

"Yeah your right," Kanan said knowing full well what the boy would do.

Five minutes later the two were creeping down the corridors in search of the young padawan. Kanan stopped listening for a second.

"What is it?" Zeb asked.

"Ezra," Kanan snorted softly. "He's on the move." 

"Ok, does it say where?" 

"This way," Kanan motioned forward.

The two started to make their way when a figure fell on top of Kanan.