A New Enemy Part Two

Okay, okay, I haven't updated in a while and I'm sorry about that. But I promise that the next few chapters are going to be interesting and full of fluff. An with that, on with the story!

Hera sighed in annoyance at the salesman kept going on and on about how the paints and brushes were of high value and why he couldn't come down on the price. Sabine glanced up at her and then back at the man. 

"Look, I pride myself on my art work and I know good quality when I see it, and these brushes will only last for a few projects. So for the brushes I will give you fifteen credits and for the paint I will give you twenty-five," she bargained using the original asking price. 

The salesman looked offended and scowled. 

"Forty credits." 

"Twenty and twenty," Sabine said using an old trick she learned. 

"Thirty-five." 

"Twenty and Twenty." 

"Fine, twenty credits and that is my final offer," he said with a huff. 

"Deal," Sabine smiled handing over the money. 

Hera had to hide her smile. Never in her life had seen someone outwit a dealer that fast. The girl gathered everything up and they were off. Once they were a safe distance the two started laughing. 

"Oh my, that was brilliant," Hera praised. 

"Thanks, an old friend taught that trick to me and it has helped me get out of a few tight spots," Sabine said stowing everything into her bag. 

Hera shook her head. She had been prepared for people to try and take advantage of them but she was not prepared for Kanan to come running through the market looking like he saw a ghost.

"Hera! Hera we gotta go!" He yelled sliding to a stop.

"Kanan, what's the matter?" She asked trying to calm him down.

The man was obviously shaken as he clutched the boy to his chest. 

"Kanan, what happened?" She asked. 

He didn't get to reply. The crowd around them gasped and then started running in different directions. At the center of the madness, a grey looking creature and a whole squad of troopers.  

"Who is that?" Sabine asked looking around Hera.

"Let's just say, we need to get out of here," Kanan said shifting Ezra's weight and glanced back. 

Hera wanted to question more but decided against it. Taking Sabine by the hand the group ducked into the crowd and back out into an alley. 

"Call Zeb," Hera whispered watching the troopers as they ran by. .

"Already did, they should be here in a few," Kanan said as they ducked down to avoid being seen. 

It wasn't long before the Phantom's engines could be heard. Hera and Kanan exchanged glances wondering how they were going to get to the ship. Fortunately it landed in the street in front of them.

"Everybody on!" Kanan called as they rushed onto the craft and lifted off. 

Several hours later. 

"Calm down Dear," Hera said coming into the common room.

"I can't, the way that thing looked at Ezra really has me on edge," Kanan fretted his hands wrapped tight around his drink.

"Speaking of which, it's almost his bed time, and he is in the turret," Hera replied grabbing a pair of scissors.

"What's he doing there?"

"Don't know. If you need me, I will be in Sabine's room." With that she was gone.

Kanan POV 

I watched Hera leave and sighed in frustration. Deciding that sitting was getting me know where, I set off for the turret. 

"I see you found one of my favorite spots," I whispered finding my boy staring at the stars. 

The boy turned and smiled at me. 

"This is your favorite spot?"

"Sometimes," I said lifting him up and placing him on my lap.

Ezra snuggled into my chest, his eyes drooping low.

"What's another Daddy?"

"My favorite spot is always where you are," I told him rubbing mindless patterns into his back. 

Ezra smiled before falling asleep. Deciding that he wouldn't put up a fight, I carried him to his room.

"Good night Buddy," I whispered laying him down and  kissing his forehead.

Ezra rolled over and sighed. I smiled and decided to retire as well. 

I wasn't sure how long I was asleep before a disturbance through the force woke me. I couldn't pinpoint it exactly but something was wrong. I sat up rubbing the sleep from  my eyes when a muffled scream pierced the air. Grabbing my blaster I ran into the hall and gasped at the sight. 

Again really sorry this took so long but hope you enjoyed it.