The Plan Part One

Here is the next part. I hope you all enjoy. Also the video is my own creation. I don't own the music or the video content. I just put it together. 

Several Months later.

NPOV

Kanan sighed in exhaustion as he sat down on his son's bed. The boy blinked sleepily up at him as he gave a slight cough.

"Don't think this is gonna go away on its own," Kanan said running a hand through his blue locks.

Ezra shook his head and whimpered. Kanan rubbed his back soothingly.

"Sh...go back to sleep and I'll go see if I can find something for your fever."

Ezra sighed in content and was lulled back to sleep. Kanan quietly left the room.

"How is he?" Hera asked as the door slid shut.

"Still sick," Kanan replied. "I have a feeling that he is allergic to Lando's pig."

Hera shook her head, lekku swinging gently.

"Kanan please don't bring that up."

The man went over to their room. Hera followed him watching as he dug through one the drawers.

"What are you doing?"

"When we first moved here, Ezra got sick and I took him to a clinic. They couldn't help him so they sent me to one room office on the outskirts of the city. An older couple and their daughter run it. They said to come back whenever we needed. Lucky for us, we're not to far," he said finding a slip of paper.

"Have you had to use them often?" Hera asked.

"At least a couple of times," Kanan said. "But I always keep in touch, so I know they are still in business. Don't worry, I'll take Sabine and you keep watch over EJ."

She nodded and watched him disappear down the hall. Turning her head, she heard coughing followed by a slight whimper. She went into the kitchen to grab some water before returning to the kid's room.

"Dad?" He questioned quietly.

"No Hun, it's me," Hera said softly.

"Where's..."

"He went to go get you some medicine," she responded sitting down.

Ezra sat up and took the water gratefully.

"How in the world did you get sick?"

Ezra shrugged his shoulders handing the glass with a silent thank you.

"Try to get some sleep Sweetie. I'll check on you in a little bit," she said tucking him in.

Kanan POV

I smiled as we reached the little home on the outskirts of the city.

"Sabine wait out here," I said as I knocked.

She nodded and kept a visual. The door opened a few inches and the face behind it brightened.

"Kanan!"

"Hi Emmy," I whispered.

"Please come in," Emmy said opening the door fully.

"Thanks, I'm sorry to be calling so late."

"Nonsense Kanan," she said shutting the door. "Richard Dear! Come quick, look who's here. Now where is that adorable baby boy of yours?"

I couldn't help but chuckle, she always gushed over Ezra.