Birthday Shocker

Ok I'm in a really good mood so after my interview I came home and wrote the next part. Hope you guys enjoy it. Thank you so much for all of your reviews. 

Two months later

Kanan was in a deep sleep when he felt someone shaking him. He jerked awake thinking it might have been Hera but hearing a small voice, he turned over to see Ezra staring at him.

"EJ, what is it?" He asked quietly.

"I...I ..."

"Son what's wrong?" Kanan was now fully awake.

From the fear in his eyes to the tear tracks on his small face, it was obvious that the child had a nightmare.

"Come here," Kanan said as he sat up and pulled the boy onto his lap. "Now tell me what you saw?"

"There was so much blood. You begged me to get out before he found me, but I...I..I could't move. I watched him hit you across the face with a lightsaber but when I screamed he killed you! He said that I would be his now and I would become a tool of hate," Ezra started to cry.

"Oh my poor boy," Kanan cooed wrapping his arms around the boy and drawing his knees up so Ezra was wrapped in a cocoon.

Hera POV

I was sleeping peacefully when the bed shifted waking me. Then I heard Kanan speaking softly to someone. Who would be in here? Then I remembered what today was.

"Ezra?" I called softly.

I sat up to see the boy crying into his father's chest.

"He killed you," he kept saying over and over.

"Sh...sh... it's alright, it's alright. I'm here, I'm here Little Light," Kanan hushed softly.

"Oh Baby," I said reaching out and stroked his hair.

It wasn't long before Ezra cried himself to sleep.

"Kanan," I said watching my boy sniffle in his sleep.

"I know, I'm not surprised he had a nightmare. Happens every year," He responded shifting so he was laying down, Ezra clutched to his chest.

I laid down as well and moved over so the boy was sandwiched between us.

"Happy Birthday Sweet Boy," both of us said.

Later that morning

Kanan POV

I yawned as I poured my self some caff. Hera already nursing a cup grinned at me.

"Sleepy Dear?"

"Yes, but worth it if it means Ezra slept," I responded sitting down.

"Did you have to do it often?" She asked.

I smiled. I can remember every single night of sleep I lost due to Ezra's nightmares. Sometimes he wouldn't even sleep if they were bad enough.

"Oh yeah, I had hoped they would slow with age but I guess not."

Suddenly the door opened to reveal said twelve year old, blue eyes dulled with sadness.

"Happy Birthday Son," I said hoping to get a reaction out of him.

Nothing, hmm that's weird. Usually he scowls and says something along the lines of 'I don't like my birthday.'

"Do you want something to eat Sweetie?" Hera tried.

"No, not hungry," Ezra shook his head.

"Well you better eat something, cause we have a mission today," I said.

There we go, the sadness was replaced with curiosity. 

" A mission? On Empire Day?"

"Yep, now eat something," I smiled as I took a drink of my coffee.

Ezra looked at me skeptically but didn't protest when Hera got up and said she would make him something.

"So what's the mission?" Ezra asked sitting down.

"We are going to make a nuisance out of ourselves against the Empire," I chuckled.

"Really? We do that everyday."

I smirked at him watching his expression carefully.

"We are going to rain on their parade today."

Ezra's eyes went wide in wonder.

"But how? It hasn't rained in forever. What makes you think we can rain on their parade?"

"Figure of speech Son," Hera replied sitting a plate down in front of him.

I smiled as he gave her a wide look and then snapped his attention to me.

"Trust me, it's gonna be fun." 

Hope you guys enjoyed this. As the title says Birthday Shocker, I'll you guys try and guess what is going to happen. Have a great day!