Child of the Ghost part four

A month later/ NPOV 

Kanan sighed as Ezra bounced along at his side. He couldn't believe that Hera had sent him on a supply run today. He wanted to train with Ezra but the Twi'leck declared that they were out of certain items that had to be purchased immediately. Seeing how it was a beautiful day Kanan decided to bring Ezra along hoping to get some training done. However a bad feeling gnawed at the back of his mind.

"Why couldn't we have brought Chopper?" Ezra half complained.

"Because Hera needed to do a few repairs on him after someone got him wet," Kanan said giving the boy a pointed look.

"I didn't mean to do it, he scared me," Ezra muttered crossing his arms.

"Well, you'll learn not to leave the fresher door unlocked," Kanan said with a slight chuckle remembering the incident.

The poor kid had been taking a shower when Chopper rolled in to scare him. The plan worked except the boy had used the force and drenched the droid. Kanan ran in upon hearing Ezra's scream and saw the mess.

"I still didn't mean it," Ezra said breaking Kanan from his thoughts.

"I know but don't worry he'll be fine. Hera said that he just needs to dry out," Kanan said pausing for a moment.

Ezra turned to stare at him.

"Papa?"

Kanan POV

I couldn't explain it but the bad feeling I had grew in intensity. My eyes sight blurred as I was drawn into a vision. Every where I looked I could see destruction, people screaming for loved ones, my own voice joining them, and the pearly white of stormtroopers uniforms. I couldn't understand what was going on. I didn't see Ezra and that worried me. Where was he and was he alright? Just as quickly as it came the vision was gone. I woke up to see that I was on the ground and Ezra shaking my shoulders. 

"Papa! Papa, wake up!" He cried. 

"Shh....it's alright, it's alright," I told him sitting up rubbing my head. 

"You scared me," he said wiping the tears away as I stood up.

"I'm sorry," I smiled, gently scooping him up as I did so many times before.

"So what happened?" He asked as we continued on our way.

"I'm not sure but whatever it was, something is definitely going to happen?"

Ezra relaxed and by the time we reached the city he had begun to doze. I jostled him a little and sat him on his feet.

"Ok, since I don't want to be here for long, why don't you get some of this stuff?" I asked him.

"Sure," he chirped.

I split the list and handed him the credits he needed.

"Be careful," I told him ruffling his hair.

"Don't worry," he said. "I love you," he said hugging me.

"I love you too," I said squeezing him back.

I watched him disappear into the crowds and I went my direction ignoring the force whispering in my ear.

About an hour later was when everything came crashing down. I had just gotten everything on my list and was heading off to find my so, but when I reached the main square a blast erupted slamming me into a building. 

I'm not sure how much time passed but when I woke up I had a horrible headache. I looked around the area to see several buildings demolished and people searching frantically for their loved ones. Where was Ezra? Was he near the blast, was he alright? I couldn't see him and not knowing made me sick.