Find Him Part One

Here is the next part. Please enjoy!

Kanan POV

To see the Phantom fly off without me did hurt even though I told Hera to go. I heard Ezra's voice calling out for me over the bond. I sent him a few comforting feelings and then shut him out to protect him from what was going to happen next. The troopers grabbed me roughly and cuffed me. The Inquisitor chuckled picking up my lightsaber.

"Not the whole crew but you will do. Take him and put him on my transport."

I wasn't sure how long I waited there but suddenly I was jerked back to my feet, led out and forced to my knees. I looked up to see none other than Governor Tarkin.

"Well, was expecting the Emperor but hey you take what you can get," I chuckled.

A trooper slammed his gun against my skull causing a headache. Tarkin continued to stare at me with those cold grey eyes but the joke was on him. After raising Ezra, I could stare for hours. Funny how I hated those games but now they are coming in handy.

"Humor will get you no where Rebel," he finally said.

"Yeah but whatever it is you want, you ain't getting it," I said evenly.

"Sir?" Kallus interrupted our banter. "It seems the rebels have taken control of the tower," he said holding up the com.

Ezra's voice began to play.

"We have been called Bandits, Scum and Rebels..."

I stared up at the device silently cheering my son on. Troopers got me to my feet and escorted me to Tarkin's transport Ezra's voice still sounding.

"The Empire takes everything and doesn't care about it's citizens. We do good so people can sleep at night not worrying about anything. That's what my family taught and that's what I'll continue to teach others. We need to stand together as one."

I continued to stare at the governor and he back. I didn't flinch as the tower blew up and the comm went to static.

"Well that was slightly unexpected," I said coldly.

" You do not know what it takes to win a war Jedi."

This was going to be fun.

NPOV

Kanan had been gone for a week now and Ezra was starting to feel the effects of not sleeping. He tried over and over again to connect with his father but each time, Kanan shut him out.

"Papa," he whimpered slumping against the bed.

Ezra tugged at his necklace that he remembered promising to never take off.

"You said you would never abandon me, but you lied to me," he growled as the cord broke.

They had tried to find him through the Imperial databases but everything was down at the moment. Hera turned to Fulcrum to see if he could be any help but nothing so far.

"Papa, why didn't you come with me?" He muttered staring at the designs.

He closed his eyes and slipped into a slight meditation. He suddenly felt warm and opened his eyes to see the necklace floating and a holovid began to play.

"Ezra..." Kanan smiled at him causing the boy to gasp. "EJ...baby boy. I was hoping you wouldn't find this video but since you have that means that I am no longer with you. Either I have become one with the force or I have been captured. If it's the second one, please don't come after me. Son, I love you, and all that I have ever wanted was to keep you safe. I trust you to look after Hera and her to always look after you. I am naming you Leader of this ship, don't worry you'll know what to do... I love you Son."