A First I Didn't Want part one

Hello everyone! It's late but I hope you enjoy the next chapter. 

NPOV

Kanan caught up with Ezra just as he entered the kitchen.

'What is he doing?' He thought to himself.

Kanan stepped inside the room to find Ezra staring at Tseebo.

"EJ what are you doing?"

"Trying to get a reading on him but there's so much information its giving me a headache," he responded leaning against the wall.

"Good you shouldn't go into other people's mind without their consent anyway?" Kanan said kneeling so they were face to face.

"I just want to know. Dad I love you but a part of me has always wondered who I was before I was a Jarrus," Ezra said looking at Kanan almost afraid that he would hate the boy.

"I know you do and I know the pain you're feeling but Son sometimes its better not to know," Kanan said gripping his elbows in support.

The boy dropped his gaze still unsure of what to do.

"Tell you what, after this mission how about we start learning more difficult lightsaber moves,  how does that sound?" Kanan offered.

"It sounds like you are trying to bribe me?" Ezra smirked.

"Is it working?"

He thought for a few seconds before replying.

"Mostly but when can I get my own saber?"

Kanan cringed, he did not like the sound of that.

"Come on Dad, it would make training easier."

"Yeah but I think you need to wait a little longer," Kanan said standing up.

Ezra snorted before leaving the room. As the door closed behind him, Kanan turned to the rodian.

"I don't know what you know exactly, but hurt my son and they wont have to worry about what's on that thing," he said quietly.

Tseebo didn't answer him and honestly Kanan didn't care. His boy meant the galaxy to him and he would do what ever it takes to protect him.

Kanan POV

I left the kitchen when Hera stopped me.

"Kanan please be reasonable about this.

I smiled and kissed her softly. 

"I promise I will look after Ezra just as I always have. We will come home. Oh and if Tseebo starts sputtering something about EJ's past, play it off but record it for later."

"Kanan, does he know something you don't?" She asked as we reached the ladder.

"I think so, I know he knows enough he's got Ezra riled up and I don't like it," I growled starting up.

"Kanan, no matter what happens nothing can change that you are Ezra's father and you love him to death," Hera said stopping me.

"I know and I always knew he would want to know someday; I just didn't think he would be so  interested."

If looks could kill.

"I know dumb choice of words, just be ready for us to detach," I said going up. 

Ezra POV

After I had left I went into Phantom to wait. Dad came a few minutes later looking unamused.