Child of the Ghost part three

Kanan POV

I was almost asleep when I heard rustling above me. The noise stopped and I immediately knew what it was. So I decided to wait and see what he would do. Through slitted eyes I watched him slid down the ladder and grab the holo-cron from the night stand. However he did do something unexpected. Ezra, almost in a trance picked up my lightsaber from its drawer and leave the room. 

"Oh please, let him open it. Stop his nightmares," I whispered once the door closed. 

I waited about five minutes before getting up to see where my son had gone. After about ten minutes I was checking the last spot when I heard a familiar voice. The cargo hold, of course. 

"May the force be with you..." Master Kenobi finished.

Ezra sat stunned as the box closed back up and gently sat down on the crate. I smiled with pride and slid down the ladder.

NPOV

Ezra didn't seem to notice Kanan's presence as he continued to stare at the box. Kanan shook his head and scooped the child up. Ezra blinked back his shock and turned to stared at him.

"Papa?"

"I'm proud of you. You were able to open the holo-cron and that means you are indeed force sensitive," Kanan said proudly as pressed his forehead against Ezra's.

The little boy grinned and threw his arms around Kanan's neck.

"Do this mean I get to be a Jedi now?" He asked curiously. 

Kanan grimaced but patted the boy's back. 

"Yes Ezra, that is exactly what this means. Now it's  past your bedtime, and I am not about to deal with a cranky child," he said.  

"Aw, but I'm not slee...py...," he argued while yawing heavily.

"Uh huh, and I'm Jabba the Hutt. You're going to bed," Kanan said walking back upstairs.

Ezra was asleep before they arrived back at their room. Kanan just grinned and laid him down before sliding in beside him. 

"Good night, my Little Light," he whispered as Ezra snuggled against him.

Kanan's Dream/POV

I was walking down the street wondering why everything felt off and wrong. It was way to quiet and I had no idea where Ezra was. I walked further along when I heard the sounds of children laughing and the familiar gurgle of someone force inhaling water. Quickening my pace to a run I made to an alley way to see a group of children and in the middle of them was...

(Ok, I'm not that mean. On with the story.) 

"Ezra!" I yelled running toward them.

One of them had my boy in a death grip, while another shoved his head into a bucket of water. The group didn't hear me and if I had to guess they couldn't see me either. All I could do was watch helplessly as the leader jerked Ezra's head up and he coughed trying to get in any air he could.

"You're nothing Bridger," he taunted.

Ezra struggled as the leader shoved his head back in and then yanked it back up.