two

That afternoon, right after I had gotten home from school, someone knocked on the front door loudly, causing dad to jump up from his seat on the couch and rush towards it before swinging it open to reveal Aunt Melissa. She had a big smile on her face as she gave dad a hug.

"Geez David, it's been too long." She said, dad laughed and nodded, pulling away from her so she could come inside, and when she did she began to look around.

She wasn't necessarily the worst aunt ever, she was just very forward and had a lot of rules to follow, but she had her times where she was fun and nice. Sometimes I didn't like her. Only because once long ago she yelled at me and one of my cousins for running around outside in the mud after it rained and we tried to get back inside but she wouldn't allow.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry Lissa, things have been very...hectic for the last couple of days." Dad said, I rolled my eyes and slouched in my seat. Yeah, things have been hectic since forever, not just the last couple of days.

"Well that's not much of an excuse to not talk to your sister David," Aunt Melissa inquired. Dad smiled at her again, shaking his head. "Do the children have all of their things?" She asked, dad nodded quickly, pointing to all of our bags that were piled up against the wall beside the door. Aunt Melissa gave a nod and turned to where all of us, my brother's and sister and me, were sat.

"I believe we should get going in order to get back so they can all get settled." She said.

With a sigh I pushed myself up, walking over to our things and grabbed Alex's first. I handed everything to her and then to the twins before grabbing mine. Dad gave us all hugs, and I honestly couldn't help but feel mad.

"It's only just for a couple of weeks so that things can become settled," dad reminded us, I saw Andrew roll his eyes as he walked out the door, I couldn't blame him.

With the last few goodbyes, Alex, the twins, and I were following Aunt Melissa to her car. I put all of our things into the drunk and helped Alex into the car before getting into the back seat myself. Andrew wanted to sit up front because I sure as hell didn't. Aunt Melissa began to drive away and I just wished that all of this would end soon.

。。。

Aunt Melissa had a big, two story house. It was a really nice place, but that still didn't lessen how I felt about her. When she unlocked the front door, she began to explain the stupid rules of what and what not to do.

"You all have rooms, well beside the twins. I have two bunk beds for you. Second room on the left," she said, Andrew and Anthony smiled hugely, pushing and shoving each other while going up the stairs to check out the room.

"You and Alex," she turned to us, "have rooms beside each other on the right." I nodded and grabbed my things, along with Alex's, and took them upstairs. I found the two and led Alex into hers first.

"Ally, do I have to stay all by myself?" She asked, climbing onto the bed.

"Of course not, you can come into my room or go across the hall to Andrew and Anthony." I told her, setting her suitcase and duffle bag on the floor beside the dresser.

"How long is daddy making us stay here?" She asked. I shrugged, not really knowing how to answer. Even I wasn't sure how long it was until dad decided it was calm enough for us to come back, but surely he wouldn't keep us here forever...but then again, he was unreadable. A few weeks to him could mean months or a few days.

"Probably not for long," I said.

"Will mommy ever come back?" She asked softly. I stopped and looked at her. I wasn't going to tell her that she'd most likely never come back, but I wasn't going to lie to her and tell her that yes, indeed, mom was going to come back and things would go back to normal, although I never wanted to see that woman again.