twenty-five

"Come on, get up," I shook the twins, trying to get them out of bed, but they just wouldn't budge. Alex was already up and running around, like she was a lot of the mornings.

"Go away butthead!" Andrew grumbled in annoyance as he pulled the covers further over his head.

I sighed, snatching at the covers. "You've got to get up now, we have to be at Aunt Melissa's in twenty minutes," I told them. Anthony was still fast asleep while Andrew was fighting with me, refusing to wake up and get showered so we could leave. They were both so difficult to get up in the morning's, much like I was.

"Just five more minutes," Andrew said.

"I've given you five minutes three times already! Get your butts up or I'm dragging you out of this bed and spraying you with a hose," I snapped, tugging at the covers again. Andrew let out a frustrated groan and shoved the covers back, glaring at me while doing so. Anthony let out a little groan and opened his eyes.

"Could you two be any louder?" He grumbled, hugging the covers closer to himself.

"Seriously, get up and get showered or else you're being dragged," I told them both before leaving the room and heading downstairs where Kellin was stood at the door with Vic, kissing him goodbye. Austin was sat on the couch, his hair messy and his clothes disheveled from being woken up not too long ago. Alex was sat beside him, a bowl of cereal sat in her lap while morning cartoons played on Tv.

"Jesus, your brothers are so grumpy in the mornings," Austin said, rubbing his eyes as we heard the bathroom door slamming shut and what sounded like one of the twins pounding on the door, telling the other to open up.

"Yeah, well, all of the Ashby's are grumpy in the morning," I said, plopping down on the couch beside him. "Except her, she's a ray of sunshine." I added, pointing to my baby sister who was smiling and giggling at the cartoon and minding her own business.

"Everyone in your family sound so lovely," Austin said, grinning. I shrugged, my cheeks heating up as he pressed a kiss to my cheek before standing.

Sighing, I stayed sat on the couch for ten minutes, Kellin joining me after his way long goodbye to Vic, until Andrew and Anthony decided to come downstairs, still looking grumpy as always. They both looked at me expectantly, the same raised eyebrows and scrunched up nose.

"Hurry up, you're the one who said we had to get going, now you're being slow," Andrew snapped. I rolled my eyes and stood as Alex giggled and crawled off the couch, running over to the door.

"Whatever, go get in the car, I'll be there in a minute," I said, handing Anthony the keys. The two of them grumbled while tugging Alex after them through the door. I sighed, rolling my eyes again as Austin came over to me, a goofy grin on his face.

"You're far too cute when yelling at your brothers," he said, biting his lip. He grabbed my hips and pulled me close, the goofy smile growing wider as he leaned down and pressed a kiss to my lips. It was short but sweet, making a familiar feeling form in my stomach as we pulled away.

"I'll see you later, yeah?" I said, grinning.

"Of course, Princess," Austin told me, leaning down and kissing me once more before pulling away with a chuckle as one of the twins honked the horn. I rolled my eyes and said one last goodbye to him and Kellin then went out to the car where Andrew and Anthony were waiting impatiently, their arms crossed and their cheeks puffed.

"About time!" Andrew snapped. I had no clue what had gotten into him lately, but I was close to dumping him on the side of the road.

I didn't say anything, only started up the car and pulled from Kellin's driveway. Alex was the only one to talk amongst the lot of us, though she was just babbling about nonsense and whatever came to mind. The twins were glaring and pouting in the backseat, huffing every few minutes to show that they were obviously angry. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't understand why they were so upset about this, or why they were so grumpy.