fifteen

"Come on, just jump." Austin said, staring up at me. I could feel my hands shaking as I quickly shook my head. I couldn't do it, I wouldn't do it. I was too scared, too afraid of what would happen when I jumped to the ground. Austin made it look easy, only because he was so tall, it was like he had to jump a small amount, but me, God, the ground was so much further away and I could easily hurt myself. I mean, I was gripping onto a fence for dear life, I could fall to the ground and break an arm or a leg, possibly hurt myself in some way and completely embarrass myself in front of him again, because obviously I had the tendency to do something stupid in front of him every single time, and it was only because he got me all bothered and the things he said made me get flustered and I end up doing something stupid and embarrassing.

"Princess, it's only a ten foot drop," Austin said. "I've done it plenty of times before and only once hurt my foot."

"Yeah, that's reassuring," I snapped, Austin chuckled and shook his head at me before stuffing his hands in his pockets. "And besides, this is only half your height so of freaking course it's not going to hurt you that much." I added and Austin only laughed at me more.

"Okay look, you jump, I catch you and we continue on our merry way," he told me and I shook my head, although that sounded so much safer than me jumping and hurting myself.

Honestly, I had no idea how I ended up here. I was just sitting at home, watching cartoons and over thinking on how to talk to dad whenever Austin texted me, saying that he was outside and I had no choice in the matter to go with him or not. I wasn't really complaining, though. We were headed to an old abandoned building that Lynn and Alex had invited Austin to and he thought it was a great idea to bring me along. He decided to take a back way- which I will admit it's a shorter route, but he never mentioned having to hop a fence in order to get there.

"I don't believe you," I said, Austin rolled his eyes and stared at me.

"I wouldn't lie about your safety and well being, Alan," he said. That was the first time he had ever said my name and deep, deep down, I didn't like it. Not one bit. We stared at each other for a moment and I read him for a minute, trying to decide if I trust him enough to jump and allow him to catch me. He was right, it was only a ten foot drop, but I still didn't trust it and I had a little doubt about Austin.

"Can't I just like, I don't know, climb down like a reasonable person instead of jumping and hurting myself?" I questioned and Austin rolled his eyes again.

"You're like a little child, but go ahead, go for it," he said which made me frown. If I was a child, he was much so as me, but I didn't comment on it. Instead I sucked in a deep breath and maneuvered my way around, climbing down, only to not realize that my shirt had got caught, so when I jumped the little ways down it ripped, but lucky me Austin was right there to catch me, making sure I didn't drop to the ground. Lucky me for clichés, but I was really thankful.

"See, I told you I wasn't going to let anything happen to you," Austin said, I rolled my eyes at him, not saying anything. He sure did have his moments. He was so nice and caring one minute and then he was flirty and sweet talking his way into your pants. Why did he have to be so damn attractive?

"Did you happen to hurt yourself whenever you fell?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine, okay?" I asked, maybe a bit too rudely. Austin stared at me, then nodded.