sixteen

"Are you going to tell me what happened or am I going to have to force the truth out of you?" Kellin asked for the thousandth time this evening. We were sitting in my room at Aunt Melissa's house, talking and watching movies like old times, but it was slowly becoming ruined was because him asking questions. I groaned and buried my face in the pillows. The only reason he knew something was up is because Austin went back to Vic's house with the "biggest smile"- according to Kellin- on his face, but wouldn't go into full detail, but said it had something to do with me, and because of that, Kellin wouldn't stop asking what happened nearly three days ago.

"Please, just stop asking about it," I begged, rolling over onto my side to face him.

"I want to know, Als, and you're going to tell me eventually." He said, crossing his arms. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh, really?" I asked.

"Yes, because I'll keep asking, you'll grow even more annoyed than you are now, you'll tell me and it'll be over with." He said, grinning. I rolled my eyes and sat up, running fingers through my hair. My phone buzzed for the millionth time since the other night, it was more text messages from Austin.

Austin: Princess, please, just answer me...we need to talk...

And more like those, wanting to ask what was wrong and why I wasn't talking to him. At first I didn't have a reason, I just didn't want to talk to him...but then I realized I was scared. I was scared because I liked him so much and I knew that he liked to screw around with people and only have sex with them, but I didn't want that. I didn't want to be another person in his bed and it not mean anything. I really liked Austin, so much that thinking these things over hurt. I didn't want that kiss to not mean anything, but if we talked about it and Austin said it didn't mean anything, I'd be crushed.

I sighed and clicked my phone off before setting it down on the bedside table. Kellin had an expectant look on his face, waiting for me to spill the beans and tell him everything. I sighed again, giving up.

"Fine," I muttered, rolling my eyes as Kellin smiled. "The other night Austin and I kissed and-"

"You kissed?!" My best friend demanded, gasping loudly. I grumbled under my breath and nodded, pushing him away as he squealed loudly. "Oh my god! I can't believe that!"

"It's not a big deal," I said, shrugging, although that was a major lie. It was a big deal. Austin and I freaking kissed! On the inside I was all happy and squealing, feeling my stomach and heart doing somersaults every time I thought about it. But on the outside I tried to stay calm and collected for whatever reason.

"Not a big deal?! Alan, you kissed someone. By someone who is fairly attractive and really likes you." Kellin said, I bit my lip and began to mess with my bed sheets.

"I just don't want to be one of those people who he screws for a one night stand, you know?" I said quietly, Kellin grinned and wrapped his arms around me.

"And if that were to ever happen, I'd be right there to beat the shit out of him because you deserve better than some lousy one night stand." He said, I chuckled and shook my head.

"Boys," I heard Aunt Melissa say as she knocked on the door before opening it and peeking around. "I need to head to the store, do you need anything Alan?" She asked, I shook my head and grinned. She nodded and said a goodbye before closing the door and leaving us.

"Have you talked to your dad after...you know?" Kellin asked, pulling away from me and laying down. I shook my head and sighed.

"No, but Aunt Melissa wants me to. She says that maybe if I talk to him then maybe he'll see reason." I told him.

"Well maybe you can. Maybe he will let you come home?" He said, shrugging. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"I don't want to go back there, Kells. I don't wan to go home and hear the same things over and over again. I'm tired of having to wake up in the middle of the night all because mom came home late and smelling like alcohol and dad begging her to change. It's not going to happen, okay? Nothing's changed and I don't think it ever will." I said, maybe a little too bitterly. Kellin sighed and looked at me.

"Maybe this time it's real. Maybe your mom is actually changing and becoming better, you don't know that and you never will unless you talk to your parents...especially your dad, Al." He said.

I didn't say anything. I knew they were right, I should at least talk to him, but I couldn't. Sighing, I shook my head again and laid down on my bed, ignoring the continuous buzzing coming from my phone as it sat on the bedside table. Kellin laid down beside me, facing me with a grin on his face.

"I still can't believe that you and Austin kissed," he said, I rolled my eyes but I couldn't help as I grinned ear to ear back at him.

I was sure that because of me ignoring him, he wasn't going to want to talk to me anymore. But I had my reason for ignoring him and I knew eventually I'd have to face him, but for now, I was going to sit with my best friend.

"Let's go see a movie," Kellin said, sitting up suddenly. I stared at him, confused. "Seriously, come on! It's been nearly forever since we hung out, just us."

"Fine," I grumbled, forcing myself to stand up. I pulled on a pair of shoes and grabbed my phone, turning it off completely. Together Kellin and I left Aunt Melissa's house, getting into his car and driving off to the movie theater. I will admit, it's nice just being with him for once in a long while without being at a party, or his boyfriend being around. It was like the good old days, not having a worry in the world and doing things that got us into trouble.

If only it could always be like this, because if it was, I'd be more than happy.

。。。

really short chapter! But this is like the calm before the storm and things will get better!