twenty-one

I have no words...but you have been warned

and thanks for 3k (:

。。。

Austin: we need to talk...

What does that even mean? He spent nearly two weeks without talking to me, and then suddenly, out of nowhere, he pops up out of the blue needing to have a talk about whatever. Did I really want to talk to him or did I just want to continue the silence between us? Because I didn't know what I wanted, I was so ready to jump up and talk to him, just so that I could see him again, but then I'd remember that he would be lying, that there was the chance that he and Shay were really dating and had been cheating on him with me. I still felt so dirty about it.

"Alan?" Kellin said, looking at me confused and expectantly.

"Hmm?" I hummed, biting down on my lip as I felt my phone buzz again. I glanced at it, feeling my heart pounding in my chest.

Austin: I'll come pick you up in twenty minutes...

"You've been spacing out for like, the last ten minutes and staring over at the other side of the food court. Are you okay?" He asked, his head cocked to the side. I bit down harder on my lip and nodded.

"Look, um, I know I sound like a terrible best friend, but I really need to get home." I told him, standing up and grabbing my now empty tray.

"Oh, okay? You need a ride?" He asked, standing too.

"Yeah, please." I told him and we threw away our garbage and grabbed the several bags of clothes before leaving and getting into his car. I was nervous the entire way, which I knew I shouldn't be. It wasn't really a big deal, because what could possibly hurt me more at this point?

Soon enough Kellin pulled up outside Aunt Melissa's house and I got out, apologizing profusely about dumping him like this, and I promised I'd explain later about all of this, but Kellin being the amazing best friend he was, just smiled and nodded, telling me it was okay. I didn't deserve to have someone as nice and sweet as him, but I did and I was more than grateful.

I said another goodbye before closing the door and rushing to the front door where I unlocked it and went inside. Austin would be here in a few minutes and we would more than likely go somewhere to talk. I was trying to think of what to expect out of this conversation, and hopefully it wouldn't be bad, because really, I wanted to continue to be around with him, I didn't want us to part ways and never see each other again. I don't think I could handle that, considering how close we've become over the last month or so.

Before I could become too engrossed in my thoughts, there was a honk from outside. I tripped over my feet as I went to the door and opened it up, and sitting there just outside my house was a car that I barely recognized but I could see Austin sitting in the drivers seat, so I bit back some emotions and closed the front door, heading straight towards the car. I got in and Austin drove away, not saying a single word to me.

"Where are we going?" I asked after many minutes of silence. We weren't heading in the direction of either Vic or Aaron's house.

"My house," Austin answered bluntly which caused me to frown.

"And why's that?" I questioned, messing with the hem of my shirt. I felt really awkward even though I knew I shouldn't.

"Because, people are at Aaron's house and Kellin is supposedly going over to Vic's house, so you know, we have to talk in private, my house is the best place." He told me, sounding once again blunt. I had a feeling this little talk wasn't going to go well.