nineteen

I had no idea how many shots I took, but however many I did, they made me feel amazing. My body was tingling and my head spun slightly as I danced around, laughed and smiled as everyone else around did the same. I wasn't sure at what point and time I had gotten onto the dance floor, but it didn't matter. I wasn't really hammered unlike majority of the people here and Kellin, Austin and Vic who were somewhere amongst the crowd.

Suddenly arms wrapped around my waist which made me jump nearly a mile high. Naturally I began to dance with whoever it was,- I just assumed it was Austin- swaying my hips and going along with the beat. I turned and looked back, expecting to see who I assumed it was, but it wasn't. It was some guy, looking more drunk than ever and a very lustful look in his eyes. I tried to move away from his, but his arms that were still latched to my waist, clung tighter and pulled me back.

I struggled against him, forcing myself away, but failing every time. This guy was obviously stronger than I was and wasn't giving up for whatever reason. Couldn't he tell that I didn't want him? Or was he just too drunk to give a damn?

"Let me go," I demanded, thrashing against him. No one else seemed to really be noticing what was going on, only because it looked like we were dancing.

"Stop fucking fighting!" The guy growled in my ear. I could smell the alcohol off of him and it made me sick to my stomach, but I still tried to fight.

The guys hand began to wander- more specifically to the front of my jeans- and just as it touched, he was ripped away from me quicker than ever. I spun around, seeing that a very angry Austin had thrown the guy to the floor. He gave the guy several punches before he turned to me and latched his hand on my wrist, pulling me out of the crowd and upstairs. I stumbled to keep up with him as he marched down the hallway and tugged me into a room. He closed the door, blocking out the loud music. He let go of my wrist as he leaned against the door, watching me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. He didn't sound mad at me or upset- something I had expected- but he looked genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine," I mumbled, sitting down on the bed.

"Did that guy...touch you anywhere?" Austin asked, gritting his teeth. I bit my lip and shook my head. I had sobered up a lot and slowly it began to dawn on me that anything could have happened if I were more drunk than I was, or if Austin wasn't there.

Austin sighed and ran fingers through his hair as he came over and sat down beside me. I glanced at him, frowning as I saw his bruising and cut hand. He must've really punched that guy hard for the first hit in order for his hand to be as damaged as it was.

"Your hand," I pointed out and taking it in mine. Austin flinched as I ran my thumb across his knuckles gently.

"It's fine, let's just go back to the party," he said, shaking his hand and trying to stand, but I pulled him right back down.

"No, where's the bathroom? I'm sure a first aid kit is in there." I stood and ordered Austin to stay put as I followed his directions he told me to the bathroom.

I flicked on the lights and began to rummage through the cabinets, looking for any signs of a first aid. There had to be something in here, alcohol wipes, bandaids, just something, but I couldn't seem to find it, until I opened up a cabinet and found what I was looking for. I turned and stopped in my tracks as Shay blocked the doorway, not allowing me to get out or past him.

"I want you to stop seeing Austin," he said bluntly.

"Excuse me?" I asked, clearly taken aback. Who the hell did he think he was?

"I said, I want you to stop seeing Austin. I've been trying to be kind to you and be patient with him, but the fact of the matter is that you're causing my boyfriend to cheat." He said.