twenty-seven

Slowly I shifted, groaning at the aching pain in my back and the bright light that was shining in my face. It seemed almost too early to be up, but as I slowly opened my eyes, I pulled my phone from out of the cup holder in the door and looked at the time. It was ten o'clock in the morning, a very bright morning at that.

I looked at Austin who was still fast asleep with his arm wrapped around my waist, and at first I was confused as to why we were cuddled up, fast asleep in the backseat of a car, but then I remembered all last night and I couldn't deny the heat that filled my cheeks and the warm fuzzy feeling I felt in my chest. I was lucky to have him. In fact, anyone would be lucky to have this sweet, caring boy, but I was the one who had him and I planned on keeping him around as long as possible.
"Aust," I mumbled softly. I was ready to get out of the cramped backseat. My bottom was numb and my back hurt badly. He must be even worse considering he's so tall. "Aust, come on, wake up." I gently shook his shoulder. He only grumbled in response, his arm tightening around me.

I sighed, trying many things to get him to wake up, but he'd either grumble or slap my hand away. It was becoming more uncomfortable back here by the minute, but I didn't have enough room to crawl over Austin without knocking him down to the floor. So, for a whole thirty minutes I continued to lay there beside him, listening to the grunts and incoherent mumbles he made whilst sleeping.

Finally Austin woke up, his eyes slowly fluttering open. He still looked so tired, but my back was aching and I wasn't about to let him fall asleep again while we were back here.

"Morning," I mumbled, watching as he slowly sat up and let out grunts of discomfort.

"What time is it?" Austin asked, his voice rough and scratchy. It had my stomach doing flips at just how down right sexy he sounded.

"About eleven, I tried to wake you up, but you wouldn't budge," I told him. He nodded slowly and ran fingers through his hair as he looked around out the windows. I slowly sat up, hearing my back pop in many places.

"I can't believe we fell asleep back here," Austin mumbled as he rubbed at his eyes.

"You're the one who wanted to cuddle while it was raining," I said, crawling over him and through the gap between the passenger and driver seats.

"I wanted to make you feel better," Austin said softly, crawling between the two sides seats, too, and joining me. I grinned at him, leaning over and pressing a short kiss to his lips.

"And you did, thank you," I said. He made me feel better in more ways than one. I couldn't even begin to tell how lucky I was to have met him.

Austin smiled back at me with such adoration as I started up the car and drove us to a diner for breakfast. We went inside and sat at a booth in the far back, quickly being approached by a waitress who took our order of chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes with lots of syrup and whip cream to top it all.

"Have you talked to your aunt yet?" Austin asked as we waited for our food to be served. He was messing with the sugar packets, trying to stand two against each other and failing every time.

"No," I mumbled, stirring my star that was in my chocolate milk around. I had saw where she called and texted me several times throughout the night and into the early morning, begging me to come back and asking where I was. I didn't feel like talking to her- ever again if that could be possible. I still couldn't get over that she told us off to mom and dad. I thought I could trust her, but obviously not.

"Are you just going to ignore her forever?" Austin questioned, stuffing the packets back into the little glass container they were in and moving onto the small desert and specials menu they kept on every table. He flipped through it, not really caring about what was said on them.

"If it's possible, then yes, I will," I told him, sipping my chocolate milk. It tasted so delicious. Austin looked up with slight disappointment on his face from my answer. I almost felt kind of guilty for what I said. Almost.

"Babe, I don't think that's the right thing to do," he said, and the nickname had me blushing like crazy and my stomach forming butterflies.

"Well, you know, if the situation was any different than what it is, maybe I'd reconsider, but she basically sold us out," I told him.

"And I get that, but when the police found out that you were the one who took them, you could have gotten into trouble," Austin said.

"I'm not of legal age yet for them to send me off to jail, Aust. And besides, I didn't take them, you make me sound like I kidnapped them or something when I didn't. The twins called me from a pay phone and told me they were running away because they hated being with my parents," I snapped. I knew it sounded bad, but it wasn't.

"All I'm saying is that maybe you should talk to your aunt. I think what she did, she did it for the right reasons," he told me.

"Whose side are you on?" I demanded to know as I sat back in my seat, arms crossed and an expectant look on my face.

"Seriously, Princess? You're making me choose sides when really this is none of my business?" He questioned, a little grin on his lips.

"You're my boyfriend, so technically my business is yours and vice versa. You're supposed to be supportive in times like these," I said.

"And I'm trying to be as supportive as possible, but there's not much that I can do," he said, I sighed and nodded, knowing he was right.

Neither of us spoke after that as our breakfast arrived hot and looking delicious. I quickly dove into mine as my stomach grumbled at the sight of them. Austin laughed at the weird sounds I made as we ate, but I couldn't help it. I hadn't had a delicious tasting breakfast like this since I was younger.

When we finished eating, Austin paid for it and we were gone, heading back out to the car. My phone buzzed in my pocket, telling me that someone was calling. I had half of mind to expect it to be Aunt Melissa, but when I looked at the caller ID, I saw it was Kellin.

"Hello?" I answered, twisting the key in the ignition and starting up the car.

"What the hell! I've been trying to contact you all morning! You're aunt has been calling me non stop asking where you were and I don't even know what to tell her. Why is she calling? What have you done?" Was the first thing he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Good morning to you, too, and first of all, I did nothing. Long story short, Aunt Melissa told mom and dad about all of us coming back to her house, they were there. She told them, Kells." I explained.

"Why would she do such a thing?" He questioned. I shrugged, though he couldn't see me.

"Who knows, but you can tell her stop calling, that I'm perfectly fine, Austin's with me so I haven't done anything completely stupid yet," I told him.

"Okay, but how about you come over?" Kellin suggested.

"Sure, I'll be over in a few," I mumbled. He hummed in agreement and I hung up, clicking my phone off and placing it in the cup holder. I looked to Austin who was already looking at me before he leaned over and kissed me gently. It was short and sweet, and I savored it all up before he pulled away and we were off, driving to Kellin's house.

。。。

so I'm going to say about one or two chapters left? Two maybe at the most but I'm not so sure. Either way, it's drawing to an end