ten

"Are you ever going to come back?" Aunt Melissa asked on the other line. I had been sitting in Kellin's room for a couple of hours now ever since we had gotten back from school. He was downstairs with Vic, watching movies.

"Honestly, I don't know," I said. "Is dad ever going to grow some since of mind?"

"I can't answer that honey, but you can't hide away there forever. You've got to come back sometime." She said. I sighed, not saying anything.

It had been only a couple of days since I left from Aunt Melissa's and came here to stay with Kellin until I could calm down, or somewhat anyways. I had taken the twins back, much to their dismay, after mom and dad had gone back home. They stayed for dinner, just like Aunt Melissa said and left the next morning. I still wasn't ready to go back, even if they weren't there. Just thinking about it all was enough to make me angry again. I hated it so much, I couldn't stand it anymore.

"Look, I'm going to give you a couple of more days. You can stay at your friends house for two more days, no more, no less. But, afterwards, you are to come back, and I'm not saying you've got to go back home, home, but you've got to come back, your brothers and sister need you. I'm not going to allow you to walk out on the them like many of the people in the past." Aunt Melissa said.

"I'm not... I'm not going to walk out on them, I can't, and I wouldn't. I'll be back in a few days, I just need a little more time." I said.

"Good," she told me. "I've got to get going, but I'll speak to you later."

"Okay," I mumbled.

"Two days, Alan." She reminded me and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, yes, I know, two days. Bye." I repeated and hung up. I sighed loudly and tossed my phone to the side. Ever since Kellin and I had gotten back from school, I hadn't been downstairs. I felt like I would be intruding on Kellin and Vic's time together, although they've been spending a lot of time together lately, not that I was complaining. I was happy for him.

I sighed and laid down on the bed only to roll over on my stomach and bury my face in the pillows. I could hear the t.v. running downstairs faintly as it seemed to be the only thing filling up the silent room. What was I going to do? What was there for me to even do? I thought of plenty of times throughout my stay here about running away, but I was only eighteen, sure I could find a job and get money easily, but I'd have nowhere to go. I wasn't about to up and leave without my brothers and sister, because where I went they went. There was no arguing that.

"Als," the bedroom door opened and Kellin walked in, biting his lip. I looked up at him, humming. "Do you um, do you mind going and picking up the pizza we ordered?" He asked with hopeful eyes, and I knew that look.

"Are you trying to get rid of me Kells?" I asked, grinning. He sighed and nodded slowly.

"Only for a couple of hours, though. Vic just doesn't like that you're up here alone and he feels bad and I don't want him feeling that way so, I don't know, I just thought that if you left for a little bit while he's here he'll relax a little more and we can finish up our little...date I guess you could call it." He said, shrugging.

"Fine," I groaned, sitting up. "All you had to do was tell me to get out." I said, pulling on my shoes and grabbing my phone and keys.

"It's only for a few hours so it's not like I'm kicking you out completely." He told me.

"Yes, I know," I murmured and walked past him out of the room. He followed me downstairs where Vic was sat, on his phone. He looked up though when we came downstairs.

"Oh, is Alan watching movies with us?" Vic asked, I shook my head and smiled.

"No, I'm actually going out, but you two enjoy your time," I said before turning to Kellin. "You two be same now." I added, winking. He rolled his eyes and punched my shoulder before pushing me towards the door. I giggled and said another goodbye as I left out. I got in the car Aunt Melissa let me borrow when I left and backed out of the driveway. I had no real destination in mind, though I was hungry.