five

Sadly the weekend had ended and now it was Monday, the one day of the week of which I dreaded the most. I almost thought about skipping school and just sleeping in, but Aunt Melissa came barging into my room, guns blazing and threatening to pour water over my head if I didn't get up in the certain amount of seconds she gave me. And her threat wasn't empty either. She was actually carrying two glasses full of water, ready to dump them on me at any given moment, and that certainly woke me up. I had jumped up out of bed and ran into the bathroom as quickly as possible. That woman could seriously be crazy.

Now I was stood in my room- or really the room which was given to me for the time being, but still, it was mine- rummaging through my bag to find something to wear. I already had my skinny jeans and boxers out, but now I needed a shirt, and I was stuck between a t-shirt or the very warm and sweet smelling sweatshirt I was given not so long ago.

"Ally! Come on!" Alex yelled from outside the bedroom door. She wanted me to help make her cereal since Aunt Melissa was getting dressed for work and Andrew and Anthony were already eating breakfast and couldn't be bothered to help. I sighed and tossed the t-shirt back over to my bag and pulled the sweatshirt on. I opened up the door and saw Alex standing there, her arms crossed and her cheeks puffed out like usual.

"Took you long enough," she said. I rolled my eyes and allowed her to grab my hand and pull me downstairs and into the kitchen. She crawled into a chair and pushed the empty bowl to me.

"Okay, what do you want?" I asked, opening up the cabinet door that contained the brand of cereals. "There's CoCo Puffs, Apple Jacks, Cookie Crisp..." and I continued to name them off until she finally shouted, "Cinnamon Toast Crunch!" as loudly as possible, along with giggles and clattering of the spoon hitting the countertop.

She was way too hyper in the mornings.

I grabbed the bowl and poured the cereal along with milk and served it to her. I watched as my baby sister devoured it with a big happy smile on her face before pushing the bowl away from herself and climbing down from the chair.

"Thank you Ally." She said and managed to put the dishes into the sink before running off into the living room where the twins were. I sighed and shook my head, going back upstairs to get my backpack and phone. My phone buzzed as soon as I grabbed it. A text message from Kellin, telling me he was outside. Normally he would just waltz right in, yelling for me to get downstairs so we could leave, but I wasn't so sure how Aunt Melissa would react if some random stranger- although she has met him several times already- walking into her house, yelling for me. She'd probably kick him out and tell him to never come back here again. I wouldn't be really superseded if she did that, though.

I slipped on my shoes and slung my backpack over my shoulder before heading downstairs. The twins and Alex were still sat on the couch, watching the morning cartoons just like always. I gave Alex a kiss on the forehead and pushed both Andrew and Anthony before leaving, just as Kellin sent me another text, telling me to hurry up.

"Get in the car you loser, we're going to be late." Kellin said, sticking his head out the window. I rolled my eyes and hurried along, getting into the passenger side and allowing him to drive off.

"You're so slow in the morning," he whined, speeding off down the road.
"And you're not?" I argued, Kellin grinned and shrugged.

"Need I remind you that I'm the one who picks you up and drives you to school every single day." He said, I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah but you love me and have to do this because I'm your best friend," I said. "It's part of the best friend code." Kellin snorted and rolled his eyes.

"I don't have to do this, I choose too and I could back out at any given moment." He told me.

"But you wouldn't," I said. Kellin hummed and shrugged again.