nine

My jaw and fists were clenched tight as I watched mom smile sweetly at me. I knew this was going to happen. I knew dad was going to get her back, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. I thought we'd be here at Aunt Melissa's for longer than what we had been, which was only a week and a half. I thought that it would take weeks for dad to get better, for him to feel like his old self, but apparently his old self consisted of always chasing after mom when she left him.

"Don't talk to either of us like that, son." Dad said, I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"I would think that you'd grow a back bone towards her," I snapped. "I can't believe you've gone and done this, again!"

"Things have changed and-"

"Things never change with her! She uses you for only a couple of weeks or months before going back to her old self again! Every time you go crawling back to her, even when she says she doesn't want you! She's never going to change dad, what more does she have to do in order for you to see that?!" I demanded to know.

"Alan, sweetie," Aunt Melissa tried, standing up from her spot on the couch. The twins and Alex were watching everything go down, and more by the second I could see Andrew and Anthony becoming angrier.

"Let's just settle down and talk about this," dad tried to reason.

"There's nothing to talk about! You took her back when you knew damn well this was going to make me angry. You knew that I didn't want her in my life anymore after all the times she's walked out on us! But you can't see that! Your skull seems to be so fucking thick that conductive reasoning goes in one ear and out the other and all you can seem to focus on is that the fact that your 'wife' keeps leaving." I snapped. Mom was stood there, not saying a word and dad looked angry.

"Don't talk to me like that, Alan Ashby. I'm your father and you will treat me with respect. Now, I'm sorry that I hadn't told you, your brothers or sister sooner, but your mother and I have been trying to work things out. We both still love each other very much." He said. How could he be so calm and collected?!

"Okay, fine, but if she still loved you so much how come she always walks out and cheats?" I questioned, no one in the room spoke. Aunt Melissa seemed curious about the question too but didn't speak up. "Exactly, but please, be my guest to talk out whatever the hell you want, I'll be up in my room ready to leave for Kellin's." I said, and with that, I marched right up the stairs and went inside my room, slamming my door shut in the process.

How fucking could he?! What was it going to take for dad to understand that mom was just using him, whether it be for the money or for something entirely different, I don't know, but it was obvious she didn't love him anymore, not how she used to anyways. She was a manipulative bitch, honestly. She drew dad back in at his weakest moments and forced him to believe that she was "different" and that she still loved him when she actually didn't. She just needed somewhere to stay because all the guys she's slept with are either married or moved on to someone else.

I was in the middle of packing up my bag when someone knocked on my door. I didn't say anything, just continued, but whoever it was didn't seem to care. They opened the door and cleared their throat causing me to turn and look to see. It was Aunt Melissa. She was leant against the door frame, her arms crossed and an almost sympathetic look on her face.

"You didn't have to speak to them like that." She said, I huffed and rolled my eyes, zipping up my bag.

"He went back to her, he knows what she's going to do next but yet, here he is, standing in your living room saying they still love each other," I said. "He's so blinded by all the bullshit she feeds him that he can't see anything else."