eleven

My last two days were up, sadly, and I found myself sitting in the garage, still in the car at Aunt Melissa's. I'm sure she heard me pull up, I know for a fact she did, but I wasn't ready to get out. I don't know why I was hesitating, but I was. Mom and dad weren't in there, so why did I have the urge to back out of the garage and go back to Kellin's? Whatever the feeling was, I ignored it and got out of the car, gathering my things from the backseat and going inside. Alex was the first to greet me, hugging my leg tightly and repeating over and over again about how much she missed me although I was only gone for a few days, but I did miss her, even if being away from her for a little bit was possibly the best feeling in the world. I loved her to death but she could be annoying.

I grinned and sat my bag on the ground and bent down to pick her up. "Where's Andrew and Anthony?" I asked, fixing her curly ginger hair from her face.

"In the kitchen. Aunt Lissa is letting us make some cookies, but she gone to make a phone call." She told me, wrapping his little arms around my neck. I nodded and walked into the kitchen, and sure enough, both standing on stools to reach the counter, were the twins. Andrew was quickly trying to stir the batter in the bowl and making a mess while Anthony stood and read the back of the box that held the ingredients.

"Look at who's back." Anthony said as I walked in. I rolled my eyes at him and sat Alex on the counter near them.

"Yeah, nice to see you again. Did you have fun with your boyfriend?" He asked in the most annoying teasing voice ever. I stared at him, confused.

"What?"

"Your boyfriend, the big brunette that was over at Kellin's house the other night." Anthony said.

"Austin?" I questioned, they both nodded. "He's not my boyfriend you idiots, he's friends with Kellin." I told them, Anthony looked at me like I was stupid while Andrew rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, sure." Anthony said.

"Do you think I was born yesterday?" Andrew asked sarcastically.

"Allycat has a boyfriend!" Alex shouted excitedly.

"No I do not. I don't know where you two even got that idea from." I snapped, rolling my eyes.

"Oh come on, it was the most obvious thing!" Anthony shouted.

"Yeah, he was looking at you all lovey-dovey kind of way." Andrew agreed as he made a face. I rolled my eyes at them.

"You're both twelve, you know nothing about 'lovey-dovey'." I remarked and they rolled their eyes at me. Andrew continued to stir the batter for the cookies and Anthony stood beside him, looking over his shoulder. I left them alone with Alex and grabbed my things by the door. I went upstairs, tossing my things to the floor and falling to the bed. I sighed loudly and let myself sink into the mattress, but it was only for a few minutes because my phone buzzed in my pocket causing me to jump. I let out a huff as I retrieved the device from my back pocket and turned on the screen to see I had a text message from an unknown number.

Unknown number: Hey, it's Austin (:

Alan: How'd you get my number?

Austin: Don't worry about it Princess, I'm in your driveway (;

Quickly I sat up, just as the door bell rang, and flew down the stairs. Before anyone could so much as register that someone was at the door, I slung it open, and sure enough, with a stupid smirk on his face was Austin. I groaned and was about to slam the door in his face, but he spoke up.

"Nice to see you too, Princess."

I rolled my eyes. "Stop with that damn nickname," I snapped. "Why are you even here?"