thirty-five [FINAL]

Finally, after a month and a half, the case against dad finally happened and he was sentenced fifteen years in prison without bail. I felt like he deserved lifetime for all the shit he put me, my brothers and sister through, but I guess fifteen years would do. He spat threats at me as officers dragged him away, saying how he was going to find me and do even worse. I was shocked, really. My father had never been the one for violence, he always tried to take up for his family, but when things with mom started to get worse, everything changed and I was able to see who this man really was, and he was finally gone. And on top of all that, mom filed for a divorce and threatened legal things at dad if he didn't sign, which in the end after several weeks of back and forth, he finally did. It was like a big good riddance.

"Sweetie, come on, you ready to go?" mom asked, peeking her head into the room I was stood in. The twins, Alex and I were gathering our things from both Kellin and Aunt Melissa's house and were finally moving into mom's apartment. I was kinda of excited, to say the least. Everything felt normal for once.

I nodded and picked up the last bag from the floor and followed her out of the room and outside to the car where the twins, Alex, and even Austin, were. Mom enjoyed having him around, and that surprised me the most. I don't know why, but I expected Austin to not like her because of everything he's heard about her, and I expected mom not to like him because, well, he looked like a bad influence but that wasn't it at all. He was like a teddy bear, especially around me.

Austin really wanted to help out with us moving, claiming that this job was just too much for a small little ginger like me, and I guess I was okay with him helping if it meant I didn't have to do much.

"Can we gets ice cream after?" Alex asked, hugging her giraffe close as she snuggled closer to me in my lap.

"We'll see, sweetie, we have to make sure everyone gets unpacked first," mom said.

Things had definitely changed around with her. She was acting more like a parent figure as every day passed and was being overbearing and protective like one. She gave out curfews and bedtimes and everything that a mom would do, and at first it was annoying, but I learned to grow with it because it wasn't going to stop anytime soon until I graduated.

Finally we arrived at the apartment complex and began to grab all our of bags filled with clothes from the trunk. That's all we had been doing since early this morning, moving.

Austin helped me carry the last of my bags into my room and set them down. He looked around at everything, though there wasn't much to look at yet. I began to unpack, filling up the drawers and closet.

"You look so cute," Austin said, sitting down on my bed and picking up the photo album that I had. "Baby, you should totally get your hair like this again," he snorted and held up a picture of me from when I was around ten years old, my hair was spiked up in every direction possible and I had dumb looking sunglasses on.

My cheeks burned and I pouted slightly. "Shut up," I mumbled. Austin continued to sit there and look through the pictures I had, laughing and giggling at the embarrassing ones.

Soon I finished unpacking my bags and my closet along with my dresser were filled with clothes. Austin was still sat on my bed, being no assistance to me whatsoever as he continued to look through the photo albums I had.

"Gosh, you were so adorable when you were younger," Austin said, examining another picture.

"So I'm guessing I'm not adorable now?" I questioned, obviously joking, but I kind of still wanted to know the answer.

"Definitely. You're the most adorable boy I have ever laid eyes on," he said, sounding so serious- so serious that my face burned and I was blushing mess. God, he was such a sweet talked sometimes that my heart could barely handle it.