twenty-three

"You what?!" Kellin said way too loudly, causing my ears to ring. "You had-" I slapped my hand over his mouth before he could finish the next sentence. His eyes were so wide that I thought they were going to pop out of his head.

"Tell the whole world why fucking don't you." I hissed, rolling my eyes. Kellin sighed and snatched my hand away from his mouth.

"I just- seriously? You're growing up too fast for me." He said, pinching my cheek. I rolled my eyes and slapped his hand away. God, he was so lucky that he was my best friend. I swear, he could be the most annoying person on earth, and to me, my brothers and sister were really annoying sometimes, but Kellin was cutting it close.

"Whatever," I muttered, walking to his refrigerator to grab something to drink.

"What was it like for you? Did he like, you know, be rough or gentle?" Kellin asked, causing me to choke on the water I was drinking. I spun and faced him, my cheeks burning red. I must've looked like a tomato as Kellin laughed at me.

"It was... special," I told him softly as I bit down on my lip. It felt like I shouldn't be telling him this, only because I felt like it should only be savored between Austin and I. It was our special moment and it felt as if it were shared too much, it would no longer be special.

Kellin cooed and came over to me, hugging me tightly. He was very touchy feely today for some reason, and plus his skin was radiating with a glow. Suddenly it clicked.

"You did it too!" I shouted rather loudly. Kellin jumped and backed away from me, his eyes wide.

"What? What are you talking about?" He asked, playing dumb, but I was no fool. There was many things I could read about my best friend and what I could tell about him without being told, and this, this was something I could easily tell.

"Don't act like a dummy, you and Vic...you know." I said, grinning widely. Kellin smiled and bit down on his lip, smiling like a goof.

"Yes, but you can't mention it to anyone, not even Austin, or my parents. They're not very...fond of Vic and them knowing this would just make them dislike him even more and I would be in some serious trouble." He explained. Of course I wouldn't ever say anything, we know too many secrets about each other as it is.

Neither of us spoke of the topic after that, instead going into the living room where the twins and Alex were sat, still watching cartoons. I sat with Alex in my lap, just like earlier while Anthony and Andrew leaned against me on either side. Vic came downstairs at some point and joined us all of the couch, but I couldn't help but grin at him even if he didn't know exactly why.

It was weird, if I were being honest. Everything felt so much different after having something that had been kept for long taken away. Although I knew I should have been disappointed in myself for not waiting, I couldn't really be. I really, really liked Austin, and although we weren't dating up until this morning and hadn't known each for so long, I was glad I gave something to him that was so important.

Suddenly my phone rang, causing the silence in the room to disrupt. I sighed, pulling it from my pocket and expecting it to be Austin for some reason, but it wasn't. It was Aunt Melissa. With another sigh, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Where are your brothers and sister?" Was the first thing she spoke on the other line. Immediately I felt my heart race and I wasn't sure what I should be telling her.

"Um, I don't know. Why?" I asked, slapping Kellin's shoulder and whispering for him to turn the TV down.

"Alan, I know you're lying. Where are they?" She demanded to know. I bit down on my lip and tried my best to think of some sort of lie, something to throw her off, but she spoke again. "Sweetie, the police are standing in my living room alongside your parents, wanting to know."