eighteen

I groaned loudly as I rolled around under the bedsheets. There was a dull ache in my head and I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I didn't even have a full effect hangover, but it was still something and I felt like hell. Last night, after sitting around in the bed with Austin after having a real heavy make out session, we went downstairs and drank. He got hammered whereas I got a buzz. I still didn't want to get hammered like I did a while back. I still stuck to what I promised myself.

I tried to fall back asleep, wanting to really sleep this off, but my phone kept buzzing and buzzing, signalling I had a call. Whoever it was wouldn't stop, they obviously really wanted someone to answer. I groaned again loudly and rolled over to my side, retrieving the device from under my pillow. I squinted at the brightness of the screen and looked at the name. It wasn't a number I recognized, but something inside me told me to answer it, and so I did.

"Hello?"

"Ally!"

"Alex?!" I demanded to know as I sat up in bed. I must have been still drunk, or something. There was no way that she could be calling me.

"Ally we forget where Aunt Lissa house is." She said.

"What do you mean we? Where are you?" I asked, tossing the covers back and quickly getting dressed. I balanced the phone between my ear and shoulder as I pulled on jeans, a shirt and some shoes.

"Give me the stupid phone," I heard Andrew say. "We're near that coffee shop on Harrison." He said.

"And what are you doing there?" I asked as I jogged down the stairs two at a time. Aunt Melissa was at work and had practically given me the car to use any time I pleased.

"We ran away," he told me simply.

"What?! What do you mean you ran away? Do you realize how much you're in and will be in when I come for you?" I asked him, slowly becoming angry. How could my brother's be that stupid?

"Because! Momma and dad won't stop fighting and it's driving Anthony and me crazy, but we couldn't just leave Alex. She either had to come with or stay, and I wasn't about to risk this little brat tattling on us." He said, I rolled my eyes and went out to the garage, getting into the car and heading to the coffee shop I knew they were at.

"Okay look, I'm almost there. Stay where you're at." I told him and he grumbled a reply before hanging up. I sighed and drove faster, quickly getting to the coffee shop in a matter of minutes, and when I pulled up, my brother's and sister were sat on a bench outside a building, their things piled up on the ground in front of them. I got out of the car and marched right over to them.

"Are you freaking insane?!" I yelled. Alex flinched and pouted while both Andrew and Anthony rolled their eyes as they stood.

"You've snuck out of the house before, too, whenever momma and dad were fighting." Andrew said, picking up the bags he had.

"Yes, but I came back! I never ran away!" I said, and although I was upset with them, I still helped put their things in the trunk.

"I don't see why we should be stuck there in that hell hole, having to listen to them yelling and fighting about everything when you're out here doing as you please and not having to deal with that!" Andrew shouted back at me. I helped Alex get into the backseat along with Anthony before Andrew and I got into the front seats.

"You know dad doesn't even want me, I'm pretty sure you heard him," I said, starting up the car. "But just because I ran away or snuck out doesn't mean you, Anthony or Alex get to do that. I know you guys hate being at home and hate having to listen to that shit every single day, but I can't change any of it. I can only you three for so long before police come knocking on the door."