three

A couple of nights later, I found myself at a party, drinking cups of punch instead of beer and far away from the crowd of sweaty bodies stood in the middle of the dance floor. I actually didn't want to be here, but Kellin dragged me along because he wanted me to meet the guy he had been talking to for the last couple of weeks, which I didn't know. Of course after a few minutes of Kellin introducing me and said guy, Vic, they left for the dance floor and have yet to return. I didn't really care though, I was happy that Kellin had found someone and was far over Matty, his annoying ex boyfriend.

"They say gingers are soulless people, but I'm thinking you're an exception." Someone said, I jumped a little when I saw someone standing beside me. He was around my height, brown haired and a goofy smile on his face.

"What?" I questioned.

"I'm sorry, that was such a terrible joke," he said. "I learned it from my friend and he can be an idiot." He added, laughing.

"Okay..." I trailed off, not really interested, I just wanted to go home.

"I'm Aaron by the way, friend of party thrower." He said, I nodded and sipped my punch.

"Well, Aaron, do you just go up to random people and tell horrible jokes?" I asked, he shrugged and smiled.

"Depends, really. Sometimes you can tell by the person if they'll become offended or not. I've actually been slapped a few times from horrible jokes." He rambled.

"Just be glad I didn't take offense to your horrible ginger joke," I said. "And by the way, not all gingers all soulless, so yeah, you're right, I'm an exception." Aaron snorted and nudged me.

"Dude, that's funny," he said, I grinned at him just as another person approached us. He was tall, had a charming smile, brown haired just like Aaron, and a shiny nose ring. When he got closer, he smiled warmly at me.

"Introduce me to your new friend, Aaron." The guy said.

"Oh, yeah, Austin this is..." Aaron trailed off. That's right, I never told him my name.

"Alan." I said.

"Austin this is Alan, Alan this is Austin." Aaron introduced. Austin smirked and nudged his friend.

"Fill me up another cup, would ya?" He said. "Do you need anything Alan?" God, the way my name just rolled off his tongue sent shivers down my spine.

"No, I'm fine." I said.

"Nonsense, Aaron get our new friend a drink." Austin said. I quickly shook my head.

"I don't want a drink, just punch is fine." I said. Aaron nodded and took my cup, leaving it to be Austin and I.

"So what brings you to this party?" Austin asked, leaning against the wall beside me.

"My friend brought me along, wanting me to meet this guy he's been talking to." I told him. Austin hummed and nodded.

"Who's your friend?" He asked.

"He's right over there, his name's Kellin," I said, pointing way across the room to where my best friend was stood, laughing and talking with Vic, having an obvious good time.

"Oh! That's the guy Vic's been talking about," Austin said, I looked at him confused. "I'm friends with Vic, we used to go to high school together and he's my been like, my best friend ever since." He explained.

"Used to go to high school?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"So you what, are in college?" I asked. Austin snorted and shook his head.