Chapter 3

Lux's P.O.V

I hum 'Regret Message' as I write my wish on paper. I roll the paper up, put it in the bottle, seal it, and set it in the waves of the ocean. I back up from the waves a bit and sit on a blanket I set down earlier in the sand.

Eventually, the sun has set and night has fallen. 'I wonder if Sebastian misses me.'

"Hey! You okay?" Someone shouts. I turn to that someone.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I turn back to the ocean.

"You don't look fine." He says. "I should introduce myself. I'm Jason."

"I'm Lux."

"That's an odd name. I like it. I haven't seen you around before. Are you new here?"

I shake my head. "Just visiting."

"What are you doing here by yourself?"

"I was just trying to clear my head, but it's not working."

"What's got your head clouded? A lover perhaps?"

"Yeah, I had to leave him. I miss him."

"I see."

And we just sit there in silence. Eventually, I receive a message on my phone telling me that I should come home. "I've got to go. It was nice meeting you."

"Same."

I walk away from the beach and into the city, looking for an empty alleyway. Unfortunately, the alleyway I walk into is filled with drunken idiots. 'Again?' I sigh.

" 'Ey, look 'ere fellas!" 'There's three of them.' The drunks surround me. "Why don't 'cha 'ang with us t'nigh?"

"Look, I've gotta go." I say.

"Ya ain't gonna leave."

"At least while you're all alive." I pull out my wand and my eyes glow. " 'Ignis'!"

Their bodies catch fire and they burn to the ground, leaving nothing behind. I then teleport myself home.

Jason's P.O.V

I approach a girl on the beach. "Hey! You okay?" I call out. 'I think that's her.'

"Yeah, I'm fine." She says.

"You don't look fine." I sit down next to her on the blanket. 'I'm absolutely sure this is her. This is the girl they were talking about.' "I should introduce myself. I'm Jason."

"I'm Lux." 'So I was right.'

"That's an odd name. I like it. I haven't seen you around before. Are you new here?"

She shakes her head. "Just visiting."

"What are you doing here by yourself?"

"I was just trying to clear my head, but it's not working."

"What's got your head clouded? A lover perhaps?" I ask her as a joke.

"Yeah, I had to leave him. I miss him." 'What? No, she can't. Whatever. It's not like she'll have control over anything. She's gonna hate finding out about the truth, though. Not that I care.'

"I see."

Music plays and Lux pulls out her phone. "I've got to go. It was nice meeting you."

"Same." 'She's acting as if we'll never see each other again. Well, then I guess she'll be surprised.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal_Turquoise: Ignis means fire.