Chapter 34

Lauren's P.O.V

I wake up from a terror filled nightmare. I get out of the bed, and don't drop. 'Now I can see what the doors lead to.'

I open the door closest to me and find that it's something like a recreational room. Practically every single entertainment option is in here. I open the door next to it to find a kitchen. 'Why is there a kitchen?' I walk further in. 'It's filled with cabinets and stuff. Why is this here? I can barely cook without messing something up?'

I open one of the cabinets. It's filled with sweets and snacks. All of the cabinets are. I open a fridge and find it filled with all sorts of drinks. A cabinet that's detached from the walls and counters hold silverware and plates and china and stuff. 'I'm gonna end up breaking this.'

I leave the room and walk across the bedroom. I open another door and find a bathroom. 'Of course.' I open the door next to it and find a huge, walk-in closet. Mostly filled with girly dresses and shoes and stuff of that sort. "Yipee." 'WHY MUST IT BE SO GIRLY?'

I grab a simple light blue sundress and white flats. I walk into the bathroom after changing and cover any visible scars. I walk out and over to my backpack. I open it and stick my hand in. 'Victorian dress.'

I pull out the black and crimson red dress that Sebastian had hand-made for me when Ciel held a ball. I hug it close to me.

I don't know how long I stay like that, but after a while I decide to put the dress back in my backpack, where I know it'll be safe. The door opens and someone walks in.

"Oh good, you're up!" Jason cheers.

"What do you want?" I turn around.

"To see my lovely fiance!"

"Just leave me alone." I take my phone out of my backpack and open my pictures. I look at photos of me hanging out with my friends, me with Sebastian, and a couple with everyone. Tears land on the screen, blurring the pictures.

"You're still not over him?" Jason asks, leaning over my shoulder. I stand up and face him.

"Oh course I'm not! You just tore me away from my family!"

"They're not your family anymore."

I glare. "No. Family is a choice. And I've chosen my family. You're not apart of my family."

"Come on, Lauren, it's time for breakfast." He says and grabs my wrist. I throw my phone into my backpack as Jason drags me out of the room.

We walk into the dining hall. He pulls out a chair right next to the head of the table. Reluctantly, I take a seat. Jason sits to my left. Adam and Morgan enter the room and take a seat at the table, Adam at the head and Morgan next to him.

"Good morning, my darling daughter." Morgan greets me. 'What? She never acknowledged me as her daughter.'

"Morn...ing?" I respond, unsure of what else to really say.

The doors open. Servants push in food on carts. They serve some really fancy food that I have no idea what it is. I quickly eat, then wait patiently for everyone to finish eating.

"Now then, we have guests coming this afternoon to talk about business. I'm sure it will bore you, so why don't you and Jason spend time together, Lauren?" Morgan suggests.

"I guess." I shrug.

"Awesome!" Jason grabs my wrist and drags me out of the dining room.

"Where are we going?" I ask.