Chapter 38

Lauren's P.O.V

I wake up, once again, from a nightmare. From the bed, I see a note on my door. I get up and walk over to it. I grab the not and read it.

"Dear Lauren, Adam, Morgan, and I left on an errand. I believe you already know what each door in your room leads to. I'll come to see you as soon as we get back. Jason." I read it aloud.

"Well, what should I do?" I look at the time. 'It's 9:23am. I wonder if anyone's up.'

I take out my phone and facetime Taika. But she doesn't answer. I get a text.

Taika:

I went with Nancy to talk with Ann. I can't ft rn. I will when I'm out.

9:24am

'They must be talking about the case. I really wanted to see everyone. Who else will answer?'

I hit Sebastian's contact and my phone rings.

Nina's P.O.V

Sebastian walks into another door for the whatever time it is now. We've lost count. Music starts playing. 'Is that Sebastian's phone?'

Sebastian goes looking around for the music. "Sebastian, it's coming from your back pocket." I tell him. He takes his phone out.

"Lux!" He exclaims. He answers it, and Lux comes on the screen.

"Sebastian! Nina!" Lux cheers.

"Are you alright?" Sebastian asks.

"Yeah. Everyone left. I guess they're dealing with the case now too." She explains.

I leave the room to give them some time.

Kim passes me in the hallway. "Has Lux facetime anyone yet?" She asks.

"Yeah. She's talking to sebastian right now. Apparently, Adam and Morgan are still fighting for her."

"I wonder about her past sometimes. Like, she knows of all our pasts, but we don't really know her's. I wonder why she doesn't talk about it."

"Maybe she just doesn't like to. I couldn't imagine that she does."

"You're right. She'll tell us when she feels comfortable. I don't think it's a matter of trust." I nod, agreeing with her.

I continue walking and go to my room. 'Lux has helped all of us and knows of each of our pasts. Lux was the only one who cared back then.

'She gave me freedom.'