Chapter 10

Lux's P.O.V

We'd just finished setting up everyone's phones and laptops. Kim had also helped Grell set up his DS. Fortunately, there wasn't too much trouble setting everything up. The only actual problem was when Alois was trying to figure out why his DS wouldn't turn on. Apparently, it was dead. He didn't realize that he had to charge it.

The doorbell rings and I look at the time. '1:04. That's right, I'm supposed to have visitors now'. I open the door just as Nancy enters the room. "Who is it?" She asks.

"I don't know." Once I open the door completely, I step aside to let whoever it is in.

"Hello. It's been a while." A female voice says.

My breathing speeds up and a pit forms in my stomach. I slowly look up at the face of the voice.

"You aren't allowed here." Nancy says. The tone of her voice shocks me. Her sweet voice that I loved to hear every time I needed help turns to a sharp, bitter tone.

"And yet, I was just let in." The woman walks in, with a man behind her.

"I never thought you'd have the decency to show your face again, Morgan."

"Well Nancy, I just came to talk to my daughter. Is that a crime?" Morgan asks.

The two people here. Morgan and Adam Ambrosia. My birthparents. I slowly walk behind Nancy.

"The court took that right away. You have no business here, so leave."

"It's been years. Can't we let it slide?" Adam takes a step closer.

"I'll talk with you outside." I say. Nancy turns around, shocked that I would even consider that option. "I wanna hear what they have to say after all these years."

We walk outside to the patio furniture set on the large porch. I sit close to Nancy. Morgan and Adam sit on the couch opposite of us.

"What could you possibly want after all that I went through because of you?" I ask.

"We just came to inform you of the good news, sweetie." I cringe when Morgan says 'sweetie'.

"What good news?" I frown. 'There idea of good news would probably be the news of my death'. Someone walks up to us. That someone is Jason.

"What are you doing here? You live, like, 2,500 miles away."

"You know him?" Nancy asks.

"Of course she knows me." He says, his attitude different from when I met him.

"Lauren, I'd like you to officially meet someone." Adam says.

"My name is Lux. Don't EVER call me that." I was originally named Lauren, but Nancy had renamed me because of a request of mine.

"I'm sorry. Lux, I'd like you to meet our future son-in-law."

"What's this gotta do with me? And you're telling me I have a sister?"

"No dear, he's engaged to you."

The pit feeling from earlier returns. "What do you mean?"

"He's your future husband, silly." Morgan restates.

"No, he never proposed to me. And I definitely wouldn't have accepted. I have a boyfriend."

"You do. Jason."

"No, not Jason. How did this even happen anyway. You lost ownership of me in court."

"That doesn't mean we can't set up an engagement for you." Adam says.