Chapter 23

Taika's P.O.V

I'm in band class with Ciel. We sit across the room since I play trombone and Ciel plays flute. The bell rings, releasing everyone from class to lunch. I get up and put my trombone away carefully in its case then put it in the cabinet. Ciel's waiting by the doorway.

"Come on. I've a bad feeling that something's going on right now." We quickly walk to the courtyard, where we find Rachel pestering Lux and Sebastian yet again.

"What's sad is that I can say I expected this." I groan. "Hey, get out of here! Did you learn nothing yesterday?" I shout at her.

She turns and gives me a something I can't say 'cause author doesn't swear look. "Mark, grab her!"

'Mark?' Arms pin my own arms to my side. I'm shoved to the ground and someone lays on top of me. 'Shoot! You know what? I don't stinking care if anyone knows I'm a witch. I've had it with her.'

I make my bangs cover my eyes to hide their glow. " 'Audiri tonitrua ac micare exaudi preces. Super hoc puella , afferebant ad genua'!" I chant.

The sky grows dark and dreary, giving an ominous impression. Rain trickles, then begins to pour. Lightning flickers and dances while thunder roars and growls. A bolt of lightning shoots down from the sky, electrocuting Rachel and Mark. I get up as Mark falls over.

Lux is holding her arm in a protective way. I saw some sort of white wrap on the grass and red trickle from her arm. I walk over and move her hand away from her arm, revealing a cut. Sebastian walks over with medical stuff. "Wait, where'd you even get that?" Kim asks.

"Lux is accident prone. Do you really think he wouldn't carry it around?" Nina asks.

"I'm fine. It's nothing serious." Lux protests.

"It was a cut from a pocket knife and you are disregarding it?" Claude asks.

"Says you!" I snap. "You've got no right saying that, you-"

Ronald interrupts me. "Hey! The author doesn't swear!"

"So close!" I whisper to myself. "Let's get inside before something else happens."

But then Jason has to come. "Electrocution?" He asks. "Who's specialty?"

"None of your business! What could you possibly want now?" I yell at him. 'What's with these people?'

"I came to see my fiance." He states.

"Hey, come here Jason." Lux says sweetly. I can tell that it's fake, though.

'What the heck is that girl planning?'

Jason walks over to her. "Closer." She says. She goes to whisper in his ear, but instead lands a triple blow to his gut. I turn away, trying not to burst out in laughter. Everyone else does though, so I give up on trying not to laugh, and start laughing.

The storm starts to clear and rays of light filter through the thick, smoke-like clouds. "I've got to say, this is probably one of the best moments during lunch ever." I say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal_Turquoise: 'Audiri tonitrua ac micare exaudi preces. Super hoc puella , afferebant ad genua' = 'Thunder and lightning, hear my pleas. Punish this girl, bringing her to her knees.'