Chapter 9

Lux's P.O.V

I wave as I spot them. "Hi!"

I jump off of Sebastian's back and run over. I hear everyone run behind me.

"Are they enrolled now?" Taika asks.

"Yep. After a few difficulties."

"What're we waiting for? Let's go." Nina says.

We all walk in, earning a few strange looks from some passerbys. "Alright, everyone needs different supplies, so you each need to figure out who needs what and split into groups. I need to get a few groceries." Nancy tells us.

I take Sebastian and Alois and run off to the journal aisle. I marvel at all of the designs and the paper textures. "Wow, they're all so pretty."

"Don't you use those fancy typing things to write?" Alois asks.

"Computers. And yeah, but I think writing'll become a lost art if they continue with the technology we have. I personally love journals. They can have beautiful designs and you can tell what someone's personality is by how their handwriting looks. They can't be hacked into either."

Alois looks stunned. Sebastian smiles. "That was a lovely explanation."

"Except for classes, you only need standard, spiral notebooks." I pick up 10 of those and drop them into a shopping cart. I also pick out three of the design journals. One for each of us.

I walk over into the aisle that has all of the writing stuff in it and grab a pack of mechanical pencils and pens. I also grab a pack of regular #2 pencils for me. It's what I use for drawing.

"Binders." I walk over to where the binders and folders would be. I pick up 3 for each of them, black binders for Sebastian and purple ones for Alois.

"Umm, what else?" I try to think of anything else. "Oh, calculators." We walk to the electronics aisle. "What calculators were required?"

Nina walks into the same aisle we're in. "Hey, almost done?"

"I can't remember the calculator type we needed."

"This one." Nina points at a graphing calculator. I grab two and set them in the cart carefully to avoid any damage.

"Oh, and backpacks." I pull them over to the display of backpacks. "Pick one out."

"I want this one!" Alois picks out a dark purple messenger bag that has a spider web in the bottom left corner. Sebastian picks a black bag with a crimson stripe diagonal through the center.

"That should be it. Let's go." We walk to the front of the store and wait for the others to finish. Taika is the first one to finish.

"That went fairly well. How about you?" She asks.

"It went pretty good. Nothing catastrophic happened."

And then we heard the all too familiar squeal throughout the store. "And a certain red-head's gonna get it." I say, suppressing my rage to use it on Grell. "I'll be right back. Keep an eye on them." I tell Taika.

I quickly walk to the source of the squeal, which are where Kim and Grell are.

"What now?" I ask Kim.

She holds up a red-themed Hello Kitty backpack. "He's mad 'cause I won't let him get this. It's the only red backpack there is."

I sigh. Grell won't stop whining. I punch him in the face to get him to shut up. "Relax. If you want a red backpack that bad, we can go to another store to get one. Come on." I pick him up by the back of his shirt and set him on his feet.