Chapter 19

Lux's P.O.V

The annoying melody of my alarm clock wakes me from my dreamless sleep. I slap the snooze button and the melody stops playing. I roll away from my clock and snuggle deeper into my sheets with my bear. 'It's too hot.' I shut my eyes as the room around me spins.

I hear the door open. "Lux, it is time to get up." Sebastian tells me. I groan and don't move. A hand presses against my forehead. "It seems you have a fever." I hear footsteps walk into my room.

"Lux, are you okay?" Nancy asks me.

"I don't feel well." I mumble. Nancy tells Sebastian to get ready for school. Sebastian leaves after kissing my forehead.

Nancy sits on the bed and strokes my hair. "Did you learn anything about the court date?" I ask her.

"Yes. Morgan and Adam are pleading innocent. Ann's getting everything together. The court date is this weekend on Saturday."

"So what happens if they win? They're allowed to be near me again?" I turn over to face Nancy.

"Lux, the guardianship they lost will be given back to them if they win."

Taika's P.O.V

Sebastian walks into the kitchen, Lux nowhere to be seen. "Why isn't Lux down here yet? She'll miss breakfast."

"Lux has a fever." Sebastian says.

'With all the stress and lack of sleep, I'm not surprised. And when she learns more about the court date, she'll be even more stressed.' "We have to leave now. Come on."

The nine of us walk out of the house and to the school. I explain to Sebastian and Alois that I'll escort them to their classes so they don't get lost. I know Sebastian won't get lost, but Alois is another story. 'I wouldn't be helping Alois if it wasn't for Lux's sake. I'd probably end up killing him.'

I tell them to go sit in the courtyard and to not do anything stupid. I walk into the principal's office, not waiting for the secretary to tell me that I can go in.

"Hello Taika." Mrs. Sanders greets me.

"Hello Mrs. Sanders. I need permission to leave class early and arrive late. Lux is absent today, so I have to make sure that Sebastian and Alois get to their classes." I explain.

"Of course." She writes me a pass, allowing me to leave early and arrive late. "I hope Lux will feel better soon."

I walk out of the office and to the courtyard, where Sebastian and Claude are glaring at each other, Ciel is reading, Alois is playing his DS, Grell is squealing about clothes or something of the sort to Ronald, who looks bored out of his mind. Kim is reading and Nina is just keeping an eye on everyone.

'Wait a second... is Sebastian holding a cat?' "Sebastian! Stop playing with the cat!"

Lux's P.O.V

"Miss Lux, are you feeling better?" One of the maids, Emily, asks me. Most of our staff were on vacation. There were only two who weren't. There's a total of six people on staff normally, and two live here. Those two are visiting family right now. The other four had their own place to live and a family of their own. Emily was one of those four.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I mumble. I hear the door shut, signalling that she left the room. Nancy was with Ann working on the court date stuff.

I hear the doorbell ring. I get up and put on my robe, seeing as how I was still in my nightgown. I walk to the door and open it, to find Jason.

I sigh. "What now? Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"Nah, I'm starting school here tomorrow." He announces proudly. "And I could ask you the same thing."

"Not really because I actually have an excused absence."

"Come on, let's do something."

"No, I'm not feeling well. And stop coming here, I'm tired of dealing with you."

"But you deal with all those guys. You seriously can't handle me?"

"No, Because unlike you, they know when to stop and when they're in trouble."

"My my Lux, who is this man?" Undertaker asks from behind me.

"Someone who I'm ready to deem a stalker. This is Jason." I say.

"I'm her fiance." He states.

"Oh my gosh. For the last time, I want nothing to do with you." I throw my hands up in frustration.

"Are you a mortician?" Jason asks the Undertaker.

"Is the name not obvious enough?" I ask.

Jason directs his attention towards me. "Come on, when will you decide to ditch him and come with me?"

"I thought I already answered that question."

"And I'm going to keep asking until you come with me."

"When will this get through your thick head, you stupid brat! I want nothing to do with you. So move on and leave me alone."

"I guess I'll leave for now. See you soon, Lauren." He says as he leaves.

"It's Lux!" I yell after him. I slam the door and stomp off to my room. The room spins. I lay down and attempt to sleep, just wanting this day to be over.

The door opens. I turn over to find Will. "Is something troubling you, Lux?" He asks.

"Nothing that I can't handle alone." I answer. He nods, but he doesn't buy it, and leaves. I roll onto my back and stare at the ceiling. 'I just want this to be over. I never wanted the past to return, nor expected it to.'

Eventually, sleep overcomes me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal_Turquoise: I IS BACH!!!

Ciel: And with the midnight chapters.

Crystal_Turquoise: Yep! Ugh, I'm so nervous! Stupid nerves!

Sebastian: Would you like something to help calm you, T?

Crystal_Turquoise: Just something to distract me.

SpiffyEmerald: Well, that's an easy job.

Crystal_Turquoise: Come on, my attention span isn't than- ICE CREAM!!! *Runs out of the room*

SpiffyEmerald: *Facepalm* I beg to differ.

Well, she's distracted. So the A/N is gonna be kinda short.

Just do her one favor...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

PLEASE STAY AWESOME!!!
>w<