Chapter 42

Lauren's P.O.V

"I knew that demon. She was Nancy's older sister. Nancy doesn't like to hide things from me. She knew that I liked her sister. The three of us had a lot of fun together. One day, she just stopped coming. I asked Nancy.

"Nancy told me that she was in a contract with a boy who was targeted to be killed by their rivals. The contract was for protection. But she was ordered to turn the boy into a demon, then he ate his twin brother's soul. Then he ordered her to kill herself."

"How'd you figure it out?" He asks me, flashing his demon eyes as if I'll be intimidated by them.

"The day you told the story, you were wearing a tanktop. I saw the contract symbol."

"Than doesn't answer my question."

"That's her contract symbol. She showed it to me. I recognized it immediately."

I take another step closer. He takes a step back, backing himself into a corner. "Then, is Nancy a demon?"

"No, Nancy's a normal human. Her sister was turned into a demon as a deal to save Nancy. But enough of that. You're wasting my time." I place the dagger, my wand, back in my right hand. I run my finger along the blade, but not adding enough pressure to cut myself.

"I find it odd how you said that demons only cared about their meal, yet you're a demon yourself. You tried to deceive me, didn't you?" I say, putting on an expressionless face.

"What do you think? I'm a demon." He smirks. "We deceive whoever we want to get what we want."

"Wrong. That's you." I point the dagger at him. "I'm getting awfully bored. It's time for the curtain to fall." I smile, a sick, twisted smile, and jump at him, cutting him. He jumps over me, then jumps out the window.

"Foolish." I jump out after him.

I change the scene to Adam and Morgan's mansion. I walk into the parlor hall, where Jason is. The scene changes again to a steel box. "This is goodbye, Jason."

"You know that only a demon sword can kill a demon." He states. "Which isn't in your possession."

"How do you think that I killed you the first two times?" I change the dagger into a demon sword. "I can replicate any weapon I want. Any witch can."

"You know nothing else of the demon sword." He says.

"You really think that? A cut from the demon sword will never heal. I know that much." I smile, then jump at him. He moves to dodge, but strings tie around his wrists and ankles, trapping him.

"What the- what is this?"

"The curtain call." I use his heart as a sheath for the sword. Blood splatters, none hitting me.

Jason coughs up some blood. "Lauren... I do... truly love you."

"You're full of it." I release him from the strings and his empty vessel drops to the ground with a thud. I unsheathe the sword and turn it back into my wand and clean off the remaining blood.

'Now to return to my family.' The steel box disappears. I have marionettes that I've in this dimension deal with Jason's vessel and leave.

Sebastian's P.O.V

Lux has yet to return. The period is almost over. Though within that time, the weather has changed a total of 43 times, most of it cold.

"It's been about three days in her dimension." Taika says.

"Time moves differently?" Grell asks.

"Time moves differently in each dimension. It moves faster in her's. Don't worry. She'll be back any minute." Kim informs us.

A moment later, Lux appears out of a vortex of hail, sleet, and snow. She runs up to me and tackles me.

"He's gone. For good. Now to finish this once and for all." She says.

The bell rings, signalling the end of lunch. 'We are one step closer to getting Lux back.'

Lauren's P.O.V

I walk to my next class with Sebastian and Alois. 'Just how it should be.'

Timeskip

I walk home, my real home, with Sebastian and Alois. The others are trying to make sure those men don't follow me.

I run into the house and right into Nancy's study, where Nancy is. She's sitting at her desk, working. I tackle her. "NANCY!" I cry.

"Lux? You're okay." She hugs me tightly.

"I'm fine. I think that it'll be easier for you to get me back. Jason was behind everything."

"How do you know?"

"I ask him and he confirmed it. He was the demon that ordered your sister to kill herself." I tell her. "I have to go back to Adam and Morgan now, or you'll get in trouble. I'll be careful. I won't let them do anything else." I say, determined to see everyone again really soon. "I'm just gonna see Will and Undertaker real quick."

I turn around to go find them, but they're already at the door. I hug them.

"Be strong." Will tells me.

"Do not forget to laugh and smile, Lux. Show us that you earned your name." Undertaker giggles.

I smile. "I won't forget." I hold in the tears that want to fall and run out the door, into Sebastian. "I'll be back soon." I kiss him and run back to Adam and Morgan's mansion.

'It's time to fight back.'