Chapter 44

Sebastian's P.O.V

'The Crow's Lover cries blood. The Crow's love bleeds. There are hidden messages in these phrases from Lux. But what do they mean?' I walk through the doors of the manor.

'If I will not be able to find Lux, she will be able to find me.' I am wearing my usual attire from before we came to Lux's world. 'She is somewhere upstairs. I can sense her soul.'

Adam and Morgan stand at the front of the room, giving a speech to the guests. The party continues. I look around for Lux, but have no luck finding her.

"I can't find her. It's too crowded." Nina says.

"I can't see her either." Taika comments.

'She is downstairs now. In this room.'

I see a girl with black, raven hair wearing a black and crimson victorian gown. Her mask is a crimson red with black vines accenting it. On the right side of the mask is a teardrop outline under the corner of her right eye. Around her neck is a necklace with a teardrop, blood-red crystal.

'The Crow's love bleeds. The Crow's Lover cries blood. Lux was telling me what she was wearing. She is wearing the dress I had tailored for her.' I walk over to her as the music starts and tap her on the shoulder to get her attention. She spins around, her eyes widening when she sees me.

"May you honor me with this dance, Lux?" I ask.

Lauren's P.O.V

I look around for them, but can't find anyone. 'Maybe something came up and they couldn't come.' I sigh.

I feel a tap on my left shoulder. I turn around, to meet Sebastian. He's wearing his butler attire and the mask he'd worn when he performed the parlor trick at Viscount Druitt's party, when Ciel had dressed as a girl. My eyes widen.

"May you honor me with this dance, Lux?" He asks me, holding out his hand.

I smile. "I would love to, Sebastian." I take his hand.

Taika's P.O.V

"Where the heck did that demon go?" I wonder aloud.

"Over there." Kim points. I look over and see him dancing with a girl.

"I'm going to-"

Kim cuts me off. "Taika, that is Lux. 'The Crow's love bleeds', 'The Crow's Lover cries blood'. The dress she's wearing is black and red, black to show she's the Crow's, or Sebastian's, love and red to show she bleeds. Her mask has a teardrop outlined underneath the corner of her right eye, and her necklace is a blood-red teardrop crystal. She's crying blood." She explains.

"Oh. Now that makes sense."

Lauren's P.O.V

The dance ends and Sebastian leads me to where everyone else is. I start to talk about the plan.

"I was thinking about catching them in the act." I say.

"Who?" Nina asks.

"Adam and Morgan."

"Doing what?" Kim asks.

"What they always do. Hurt me."

"You are willing to risk your well-being?" Ciel asks. "On a plan that may not even work?"

"I can also set up cameras." I suggest.

"Isn't that illegal?" Taika points out.

"I don't know." I shrug. "But all's fair in love and war. And this is war."