Chapter 45

Lauren's P.O.V

Adam leads me through the paparazzi and into the building. He takes me to a room and makes me sit. "Don't get up. Don't speak. Just sit here and play your usual act. Or else." He threatens. I nod, and shudder.

'Well, I'm free to testify. And besides, this'll be the last I see of him.'

Soon, everyone needed for the trial is here. And the trial commences. "All rise for the judge."

Timeskip through more boring procedures

Lauren's P.O.V

I'm at the bench, testifying. I just have to answer the questions asked. I'm not testifying for a certain side. I just have to be honest.

"Now, Lauren, what was your life like at home with Nancy?" The attorney for Adam and Morgan asks.

"My life with them was fun. I was free to laugh and smile and say what I wanted. I couldn't ask for a better family." I answer.

"But, the Ambrosias have provided you with more. Explain." He tells me.

"Actually, they haven't. They only treated me nicely because of a request from Jason, who's no longer here now. After he was gone, they sent me back to my original room, a cellar."

"But according to the evidence, you have a room that any girl would die for and meals fit for a king."

"Your evidence isn't right then."

"Then tell me something. You wouldn't have your powers if not for them, correct?"

"I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for them."

"Thank you." He backs down and Ann walks up.

"Hello Lauren. How are you?"

"Not well. I've been passed out for who knows how long and have just woken up this morning." I say.

"You know, why don't you just tell us of your life before Nancy?" Ann suggests.

"Sure. Until I was three and rescued by Nancy, I was abused by the Ambrosias every day. I rarely got food and was constantly locked in a cell. Only would I come out if we had guests that requested to see me."

"Now, how did you meet Nancy?"

"I was ordered to attend. At this point, I was three. Nancy came over as a guest. Adam and Morgan left the room to talk privately. That's when Nancy figured out my real life and when I showed her that I'm a witchling. She's taken care of me ever since."

"And right before you left, how was your life?"

"It was fun. I was depressed for a bit during summer, however. I had met Sebastian at the beginning of summer, but had to leave him. When he came back, I was happy again. Life has gone as smoothly as it can get when you're a witch with pink eyes. Of course, I was teased. But Taika made sure that I wasn't anymore."

"And how's your life now?"

"Aweful. I just got thrown back into the cellar they call my room. After being beaten for Jason's disappearance."

"Thank you." She walks down and Adam and Morgan's attorney walks up.

"Now, how'd you meet Sebastian? None of us but Nancy's party knows."

"I... I was using a spell and it went wrong. We ended up someplace else."

"And where was this place?"