Turnabout Forgeries, Part 1 (Thomas)

"I can't believe they're actually back... The nerve of them..."

"Kyo! I need your help in the study! Could you come here please?"

"On my way, sir!"

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK-!!"

"M-Ma'am?! Are you alright?!"

"T-there's a body!! Where Mom's used to be!!"

"And there he goes again... The number only rises higher and higher with my desire for bloodshed..."

//June 16, 2031. Morix Law Offices, 9:31 AM//

Like that Averl girl said, I found myself at the door of Morix Law Offices not long after Anton's trial. I raised my hand hesitantly, expecting my hand to push forward and knock, but I stopped. This seemed way too sudden... I didn't want to intrude...

Before I could walk away and sulk off home, the door flew open, slamming into the wall. I shrieked in fear and jumped backwards, feeling the blood drain from my face. What the heck was that for?! Is today 'scare a lawyer out of their wits' day and nobody told me?!

Ms. Starr stood in the doorway, a devilish smirk on her face. "I had a feeling that you'd come crawling up here sooner or later! Who wouldn't want to work in this crazy place?!" she exclaimed, seizing my wrist and yanking me into the agency. The door was forced closed by the crazy wind she had formed with her speed.

A group of lawyers sat or stood inside. I counted three guys and about twice as many girls. I looked around in confusion.

"Thomas, correct?" one of the men asked. He had black and blue hair that was long and rather spiky.

I nodded. "Uh... Yeah..." I said, dumbfounded. Wasn't he the boss of the agency?! Like, the Cotoli Morix and all of his lawyers?! People where I worked only dreamed of even meeting these guys, and now they're actually talking to me!! Fanboying moment for sure!!

"Great!" a woman grinned. She had long hair in brown curls that fell freely down her spine. "I'm Lily Shield!"

I looked around to see one of the other two men, this one wearing all red, step forward. "Lucas Red," he introduced briefly before retaking his position of leaning coolly against the wall. It was funny how they could all be so chill in person but panicky in court...

"I'm Averl Jones, and this is Yuri," Averl introduced, pointing to a girl with long black hair at her side. The girl waved happily.

"Niamh Tenniswood," one of the women cut in. "And this is Pieter Fury."

"And finally," the black haired man from before began. "I'm Cotoli Morix."

"And, of course, you already know all about me and my excellence," Ms. Starr smiled widely. "Continuing on with all of this stuff, anyways, welcome to the agency, Thomas! I'm sure you'll love it here! I know I do! Well, I kind of have to, living here and all that kind of sugar."

I blinked. "A-are you really inviting me to join the agency?" I questioned, the words sounding foreign and alien coming out of my mouth. This was the kind of thing you saw in dreams, not a normal day on the job.

"Well," Chrysalis started. "The next case to come up is all yours, and if you can figure it out and win the case, we'll let you in."

I closed my eyes, pondering her words. You see, I've always had the ability to put pieces together about people's pasts from the way that they speak or the things that they say. I was using that to my advantage as I sifted through what I had heard spoken by Ms. Starr and Averl had said to me thus far. They sounded to be the truthful and honest sorts of people, so I supposed trying their challenge would lead to something in the end.

I nodded. "Deal," I agreed. Ms. Starr stuck her hand out to shake, so I took it and shook. No going back on the challenge now. I wasn't sure how long I'd be waiting, though, because with a small agency like this one (small, though well known), cases didn't come in as quickly as they did at larger firms. It could take ages before a client sticks their nose through the door to ask for a defense request. Who knew how long I would be waiting for a case?

Luckily, it wasn't going to be as long as I had thought it would be.

"Um... Is anybody in here...?"

I gasped and turned for the door that I had been standing in just minutes before. It had been creaked open just barely, but I could still see a little bit of what, or who, rather, stood on the other side.

It was a little girl, about nine years old. She had bleach blonde hair with tiny pink streaks that formed a crown of braid around her head. Her bangs hung over her forehead, making her look quite adorable. The girl had bright blue eyes and a jacket the same color as her hair streaks. She wore a white shirt and jeans underneath the jacket with white and blue tennis shoes. As far as I could tell, she was the definition of the typical elementary school student from TV shows that aren't on anymore.

I crouched down to the little girl's level once she had worked her way around the door. "Is something wrong?" I asked her. "Are you lost?"

The girl shook her head. "Nuh uh. Big sister Kyo was taken away by these big guys in suits, and she told me to come here and get her help," the girl replied. "I don't really understand what she was talking about, but who am I to question her? Women in their twenties are really weird, anyways..."

I frowned, only to be tapped on the shoulder by Ms. Starr. "Here's your chance, Thomas!" she hissed at me.

I nodded, catching her drift quite quickly. "Alright... What's your name?" I asked.

"Does that matter?! I don't know what's wrong with Kyo!" the girl cried in distress.

I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Alright... Calm down and start from the beginning..." I instructed of the girl. "Just what happened to your sister?"

--------------------------------------

Kyo is pronounced Kye-oh by the way

And this new character is a little cinnamon roll if you can't tell she is too precious for anything in life-

-Digital