The Comedic Turnabout, Part 1 (Lily)

"And our next act, Sullivan Tyler, with his c-c-c-c-"

"The manager is acting really weird, you know..."

*THUMP!*

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK-!!"

"H-he's dead!!"

"You did it! You've always been jealous of us!"

"How could I watch all of them die? Why, it's fun!"

//September 4, 2031. Morix Law Offices, 9:24 AM//

Everybody was lounging around the agency, with the exception of Chrysalis, who wouldn't stop pacing the length of the agency in a panic.

"Are you okay?" Niamh eventually asked, looking up from her papers.

"No! Cotoli went out last night and still isn't home!" Chrysalis exclaimed in a panic.

"You could just be freaking out over nothing," Lucas told her, sipping from a cup of coffee.

Chrysalis frowned. "No. Last time one of us didn't come home through the night, there were murders! Murders, Lucas!!" she yelled at him.

"You mean that quail snail case?" Yuri questioned.

"What's the quail snail case?" Thomas asked aloud, though nobody answered him, because the door was swung open and there stood Mr. Morix.

"Cotoli!" Chrysalis cried, running to hug the taller man.

He hugged her back slightly. "Sorry about being here late," he told us. "I was at a bar near here and there was a murder. I got held up there in questioning."

"It's no biggie," Chrysalis shrugged.

"Don't worry yourself," Averl told him.

Mr. Morix looked to the rest of us with a stern expression. "I hear that there was a suspect arrested this morning. If you guys wanted to, you could run down there and talk with her about the crime," he told us. "Anybody up for it?"

Thomas stood. "I could call Sophie and Kyo and we could get on it," he suggested.

"The crime scene was at the Nico Nico Pub about two miles from the agency," Mr. Morix declared.

I gasped. "In that case, you'll have to let me come and see who got arrested!" I exclaimed. "I go there all the time, and I have to make sure it wasn't my favorite performer to get arrested! His name is Sullivan Tyler, and he's pretty cool, not to mention an awesome comedian!"

Chrysalis glared at me out of the corner of my eye. "Comedian with ST initials? You're hilarious," she said through gritted teeth. Does she have this thing against comedians with ST initials? Or any initials of adjoining letters?

"Somebody's in a bad mood," Yuri commented.

"S-shut up-!!" Chrysalis exclaimed.

"Is that foreshadowing I detect there?" Niamh asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No! Just take your talk about ST and comedians and go take on your case already!" Chrysalis demanded of us.

"Okay, okay, no need to get snappy," I told her, backing away with Thomas. I had learned that Chrysalis could get kind of grumpy like that when she was angry... But what could we do about it when even Mr. Morix looked confused?

//September 4, 2031. Detention Center, 10:11 AM//

Thomas and I were the only people at the detention center since Kyo was busy finishing up her morning shift at the Umber mansion and Sophie didn't have a ride without her. We waited for the defendant to enter, and when she finally did, I was shocked at what I saw.

The defendant wore a black and gold cloak that fell over her hair. Her eyes were a bright blue like the sky, and her hair was long and pink. Her locks were tied into a complex braid hairdo that reached her hips. She had an entrancing light purple dress with gold sections that reached her knees in the front and ankles in the back. Quite an odd combination.

"A-are you lawyers?" the girl asked. I guess that she was one of the performers I hadn't seen before at the Nico Nico Pub...

"My name is Thomas Lust and this is Lily Shield," Thomas introduced. "We're lawyers, like you thought."

"My name is Ryoko Chinami..." the girl told me. "I'm a dancer at Nico Nico Pub..."

"So..." I asked, taking a seat across from Ryoko. "What were you accused of?"

"I was accused of killing my boss..." Ryoko replied. "He was poisoned and fell down on the stage... D-dead..."

"That's terrible!" I exclaimed.

"I-If you think you can prove my innocence, I'll let you go on and defend me... Nobody else has dropped by to offer to defend my case in court tomorrow..." Ryoko told us.

"We're in," I agreed.

"The crime scene is at Nico Nico Pub, if you can't already tell..." Ryoko replied.

"Did you see anybody with black, blue, white, and gray hair around there last night?" Thomas asked her.

Ryoko nodded. "Yeah... He left questioning about midnight or there about..."

I frowned. Had Mr. Morix really lied to us about all of this...?!

Before I could comment on this to Thomas, a pair of footsteps came from the doorway. "We got here early," came the chilling voice of Kyo. She walked up to Ryoko, glaring harshly. "And who are you?"

"R-Ryoko Chinami..." Ryoko told her.

Kyo tensed up at hearing the name and turned away. "Thomas, Lily, let's get out of here. We have better things to deal with than stick around here. I doubt you'll get much information out of her," Kyo said. I tried to object, but her glare shut me up instantly.

I wonder why she was being so odd about the defendant... Maybe they've met before or something like that...

Oh well. I doubt it's important. People meet people. What's so weird about that?

//September 4, 2031. Nico Nico Pub, 10:52 AM//

Nico Nico was just as I remember it: wooden floors and low ceilings with spotlights hanging from them. A bar was nearby with a red haired woman behind it. She wore a crimson crop top that... Wasn't the most fit in the chest region, to say the least. She wore jean shorts as well with tall black boots.

I pointed to her after nudging Thomas. He led us over to her. "Hi, we're the defense team on this case," he told her. "Who are you?"

"My name is Mei Kuda. Who might you be?" the girl asked us, her brown eyes shining as she grabbed a drink and poured into four different glasses for us all to drink.

I could have sworn that I saw Kyo glaring at her, though I might have just imagined it.

--------------------------------------------

KYO YOU EMO

PLS BE NICE

IM BEGGIN YA

-Digital